Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #61
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by westparker View Post
Where can I find or where can I recover or re-regiser my PE.
I have not been able to get my email and password to work (and this was before the company shut down).
You can register your PE under Settings - eDGe Settings - Register This Entourage Device. However, based on what you said in your previous post, it sounds like your update to Ermine was no good. You may want to try and re-install the Ermine update first.

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=265

I few new owners have reported being able to register their devices so you may want to give it another shot after you have a stable Ermine install.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #62
dthurm
dthurm began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge, kindle fire HD 7"
frozen?

Just got my edge...bought it from woot. Tried to regisgter. I'm stuck on the registration page, after setting up the wifi, and the reader side says "initializing..." and the tablet side seems to be stuck...won't do anything after I partially entered the data. This is my second attempt at registering. The first gave me a failure to connect (I think)...so I tried again. I shut down the device & restated it...now it seems frozen. Won't let me shut it down or complete the registration data.
So now what? Anyone able to provide some assitance? Thanks...
dthurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #63
dthurm
dthurm began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge, kindle fire HD 7"
OK...so now I've shut down the device. How do I get past the registration glitch?
dthurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #64
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi dthurm! Welcome to MobileRead!

It looks like the entourage website is down right now. It will probably be back later. You can try www.entourageedge.com to see. If the site is up and you still casn't register, check the Knowledge Base section on that site for instructions on what to do if you're stuck registering.

Good luck!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #65
Lened
Lened began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Hi. I just received my pocket eDGe and tried to register but got a code 80 error code. It appears that all the Entourageedge.com sites are down. Is there anyway to register this product? I see by the other posts that the site is down. I'll give it another try later.

Last edited by Lened; 07-07-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Update
Lened is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #66
bouldergramp
bouldergramp began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
Subject: USB update to ermine on new Pocket eDGe

First post to forum and I hope it ends up in the right place.

I tried at least five times to update to Ermine, reverted from Ermine (Froyo) back to Dingo, and tried again.

Everytime I ended up with a Blue eDGe screen with the time in a large font at the top and two "buttons" at the bottom...an open lock on one side and speaker volume on the other. Pressing keys and tapping the screen did nothing.

FINALLY, I just happened to drag the unlock button to the right and a miracle happened. The blasted screen unlocked and there was my new "desktop".

As you may realize, Android is completely foreign to me but I am a whiz with Windows XP.

I am posting this in case someone else is baffled like I was.
bouldergramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:45 AM   #67
crzychicken
crzychicken began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Hello, I'm a noob.

I just got my pocket eDGe and wanted to drop in and tell it to the world. that's all.
crzychicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #68
bouldergramp
bouldergramp began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
OS explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldergramp View Post
Subject: USB update to ermine on new Pocket eDGe

First post to forum and I hope it ends up in the right place.

I tried at least five times to update to Ermine, reverted from Ermine (Froyo) back to Dingo, and tried again.

Everytime I ended up with a Blue eDGe screen with the time in a large font at the top and two "buttons" at the bottom...an open lock on one side and speaker volume on the other. Pressing keys and tapping the screen did nothing.

FINALLY, I just happened to drag the unlock button to the right and a miracle happened. The blasted screen unlocked and there was my new "desktop".

As you may realize, Android is completely foreign to me but I am a whiz with Windows XP.

I am posting this in case someone else is baffled like I was.
I got an email from my oldest son who explained that Android is basically a smart phone OS and explained why I had to unlock the screen. He also explained Airplane Mode. Since I don't run around like half the population with a phone in my ear this was all new to me.
bouldergramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #69
CAUK
CAUK began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Resources for WSoD?

Has anyone found a workaround for the White-Screen-of-Death problem? My Woot! PE was out of the box for less than 24 hours, I did a USB update to Ermine, had a great time with it for a few hours, then tried to wake it from Hibernation. The tablet is permawhite now. I tried to downgrade back to Dingo, and I think it downgraded, but it's still WSoD. I didn't even have a chance to enable the USB debugging feature, which may have helped.

Has anyone found a fix for this?
CAUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #70
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAUK View Post
Has anyone found a workaround for the White-Screen-of-Death problem? My Woot! PE was out of the box for less than 24 hours, I did a USB update to Ermine, had a great time with it for a few hours, then tried to wake it from Hibernation. The tablet is permawhite now. I tried to downgrade back to Dingo, and I think it downgraded, but it's still WSoD. I didn't even have a chance to enable the USB debugging feature, which may have helped.

Has anyone found a fix for this?
Unfortunately this has happened to a couple of other owners. However, I believe it has more to do with the PE than the Ermine upgrade. You may want to contact Woot and see if they will replace it.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #71
westparker
westparker began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
I have tried to install the Ermine update 3 times. Each time my PE seems to look at the USB but ends up only starting up in Dingo. I have made sure thet the file is the only file on the root of the USB and has been named updaste.zip.
Holding the menu and rotate keys while turning on and continuing to hold the keys for 30 seconds. Still no luck.

Any thoughts?
westparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #72
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Yes, I hope it was named update.zip and not updaste.zip that you list

What size is the USN stick? What format? If using windows to copy to the USB stick and rename the file do you have show file extensions turned on? If not the file is most probably update.zip.zip which will not work.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #73
westparker
westparker began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Successful update to Ermine

I had opened the zip file on my PC and saw that the file inside was
update.zip.out
I retrieved another version from a different thread and opened it and found several zip files among other things inside.
I placed this different version on my USB stick, started my PE and the update loaded just fine.
I am still indebted to the many helpful suggestions I have found on this forum in all of the threads. I will try to root this thing so I can get to the android market. Thanks to all of you for sharing your results (especially after the many trials you may have endured).
westparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #74
ucity88
ucity88 began at the beginning.

Device: EnTourage eDGe
Question Got my pocket edge today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lened View Post
Hi. I just received my pocket eDGe and tried to register but got a code 80 error code. It appears that all the Entourageedge.com sites are down. Is there anyway to register this product? I see by the other posts that the site is down. I'll give it another try later.
I got my PE today, just tried registering and got the same error:
Adobe Registration
Network connection error. Please try again. -- Code 80

So, is there something else I need to do? I haven't updated or downloaded anything.

Thanks,
Bonnie
ucity88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #75
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi ucity88/Bonnie!

Welcome to the eDGe of MobileRead (don't fall off )!

Have you been able to complete your registration? That Code 80 usually means the Adobe site is down, but I just checked and it seems to be running.

If you still can't register you can skip it for now. See this excellent post by Gunnerp245 for more info: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=register.

Good luck!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote