Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version should I get?
The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh 0 0%
The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie the Pooh 4 80.00%
The World of Pooh: The Complete Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner (Pooh Original Edition) [Bargain Price] 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Winnie the Pooh book collections --- best version?

I can't decide which version is the best, as undoubtedly there have been many released, but i'm choosing between the three below. Would love to get the opinions of book owners!

The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh

The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie the Pooh

The World of Pooh: The Complete Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner (Pooh Original Edition) [Bargain Price]
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
It's not directly relevant, but I would recommend this book and this one.

Wonderful academic satire!

Unfortunately, neither is available in eformat. I live in hopes.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I have The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh and I love it. It is a very nice copy and I haven't ever considered getting a different one.

I don't know anything about the other two. I love the poem books and neither of those books seem to include them.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@dmb: oh wow, these look really nice thanks!

@sakura: that's what i thought too...
Old 06-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh is a very nice edition, but I would go with the Tales and Poems for just a few dollars more.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh is a very nice edition, but I would go with the Tales and Poems for just a few dollars more.
true, but the World of Pooh is at bargain price for $10 although without the poems d;