Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
So what Titles have you pre-order for your new Kindle2?

So, what goodies have you pre-order from Amazon for your new Kindle 2?

In addition to my epub books already on my computer from FeedBook and Fictionwise, I have pre-ordered the following that will download on my Kindle once I activate it:

Tangled Trails - A Western Detective Story
The Circular Staircase
Dyke Darrel, the Railroad Detective, The Crime of the Midnight Express
The Yellow Claw
Tales of Chinatown
King Solomon's Mine and Other Adventures (four novels in one)
The World's Greatest Books Volume 1 Fiction
The Vanishing Man
The People of the Mist
Made-Over Dishes
The Complete User's Guide to Amazing Amazon Kindle
Stranded with a Spy
A Dangerous Man
Caught Stealing
Six Bad Things: A Novel
Murder List
The Foreign Correspondent
Homespun Bride
The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library--Step by step guide to Foolproof Cooking

I believe I have spent $5.00 so far
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
If you like romances you might want to pick up the 16 free titles that Harlequin is offering. (Heck, even if you don't enjoy romances, you might want to pick these up because they're free. Maybe you'll lend your Kindle to a friend who really likes romance novels.)

You can get these directly from Harlequin at http://www.harlequincelebrates.com/ or from Amazon. If you get the books from the Harlequin site, you'll have to convert from MS Reader (.lit) or ePub format to the Mobipocket format which the Kindle reads.

Here's the list of the titles and links to their pages at Amazon. (Categories provided by Harlequin at their site.)

Suspense and Paranormal
Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels
Hide in Plain Sight by Marta Perry
Stranded with a Spy by Merline Lovelace
Kiss Me Deadly by Michele Hauf

Passion
Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly
Price of Passion by Susan Napier
Baby Bonanza by Maureen Child
Irrestible Forces by Brenda Johnson

Home and Family
Once a Cowboy by Linda Warren
Dancing in the Moonlight by RaeAnne Thayne
Snowbound by Janice Kay Johnson

Romance
Speed Dating by Nancy Warren
A Very Special Delivery by Linda Goodnight
The Bride's Baby by Liz Fielding

Historical
His Lady Mistress by Elizabeth Rolls
Homespun Bride by Jillian Hart
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
kyliu99
kyliu99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
The Piano Teacher

I got the Piano Teacher: A Novel, by Janice C.K. Lee. I browsed through the sample, and it seems very promising as a literary novel with a good plot (kind of like Ian McEwan's works). Definitely looking forward to it.
kyliu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyliu99 View Post
I got the Piano Teacher: A Novel, by Janice C.K. Lee. I browsed through the sample, and it seems very promising as a literary novel with a good plot (kind of like Ian McEwan's works). Definitely looking forward to it.
Welcome to MobileRead, kyliu.

don't forget about all the free books available here. You'll want the mobipocket format. Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
I couldnt pre order, cause my kindle is a really late christmas gift, but im just waiting to pull the trigger on:

The Road by Cormac McCarthy
World War Z
Ur by Stephen King
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
ezzellk
ezzellk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm new to the Kindle. Mine is supposed to arrive on Thursday. I'm so excited, and have gone through the books trying to decide what I want. But how do you pre-order? When you click on buy, it looks like it's ready to start transferring to your Kindle.
ezzellk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
So, what goodies have you pre-order from Amazon for your new Kindle 2?
Just a bunch of freebie's for me so far.

I did spend some time today converting all the books (357) that I had bought for my Sony so that they're ready for my K2. I put them on my webserver so I can access them any time just like the books you buy from Amazon (thanks BOb for testing that for me).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 02-24-2009 at 10:49 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:13 AM   #8
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Besides some freebies and samples I ordered:

Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
A Dead Man in Deptford by Anthony Burgess
UR by Stephen King
The SKYLARK of SPACE by E. E. "Doc" Smith
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #9
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Technically I've only ordered UR. But once I get my hands on it (maybe today ) I'm going to be ordering a few more. And maybe a few subscriptions.
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
*books ~N~ stuff
YAY! for free books! and YAY! for reading them on Kindle so I don't have to see those cheesy covers!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I didn't order a Kindle 2 but I had a couple weeks to wait back when I ordered my Kindle 1 and I didn't buy any books. I downloaded some free classics and I had a lot of samples sent but I don't see much point in spending money on the book before I've read the sample. It's so quick to get the rest of the book when you're done with the sample, the extra convenience isn't really worth the potential waste of money to me.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 AM   #12
kindlenewbie
Trying to win a Kindle 2!
kindlenewbie is on a distinguished road

I've only ordered UR so far. I'm trying to be frugal.
kindlenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:32 AM   #13
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlenewbie View Post
I've only ordered UR so far. I'm trying to be frugal.
Frugal hell!!! Go back and look at a lot of those titles! You'll find most of them are FREE!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:35 AM   #14
kindlenewbie
Trying to win a Kindle 2!
kindlenewbie is on a distinguished road

Regarding my earlier post: I was only joking. I hope I didn't offend anyone.
kindlenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:43 AM   #15
krisk
Wizard

You didn't offend me, and I am sure you didn;t offend others, it's just that there is so much FREE stuff just from Amazon! And then you get to the other wonderful things you can have!

Tags
amazon ebooks, kindle, kindle 2