Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
homeoLN
homeoLN began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch, sony reader 950
Can't add HTML files in calibre

I am saving HTML files in Open Office and they cannot be added into Calibre. Something must be wrong with my setting. Same problem with HTM files from Word.

I am trying to create clickable TOC so that I can use reference books in a Kindle Touch. Yesterday I could do it and today I can't.
homeoLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
homeoLN

epub doc preserving the clickable TOC

I made a clickable TOC in a epub file in Sibil, but the TOC is lost if I transform epub into a mobi file for Kindle. Is there anyway to avoid losing the TOC?

I have a sony reader, so I suppose I could read it there, but I use the Kindle all the time and would like to have the file in mobi format.

Thanks,
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeoLN View Post
I am saving HTML files in Open Office and they cannot be added into Calibre. Something must be wrong with my setting. Same problem with HTM files from Word.

I am trying to create clickable TOC so that I can use reference books in a Kindle Touch. Yesterday I could do it and today I can't.
Open Office uses ODT native.
Calibre can read ODT.

So why the HTML step?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
homeoLN

Open Office uses ODT native.
Calibre can read ODT.
^^^^

Caliber does not say it recognizes HTML but it does. I have heard it recognizes ODT too.

I am making table of Contents. I don't see the problem with Word HTM (same as HTML but for the web??), but others say that if you want to publish an ebook with Word, you are adding alot of junk code.

I want an TOC, but can't transfer the Epub TOC to Caliber. Word and Open office transfer the TOC to kindle using HTML formating.

I found out my mistake. I somehow had multiple versions of Caliber open. That disabled Caliber's ability to recognize HTM or ODT.