Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #34996
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Maybe you should go scuba diving again and shoot some marine life? That would certainly be different.
That really isn't a bad idea. My gills are starting to dry out anyway. But unless I get a shooting assignment, I usually only go diving when my wife can come with me. She's the only 'dive buddy' that I fully trust underwater, especially when I get involved taking pictures.

I get so wrapped up in what I'm doing, I don't pay enough attention to safety procedures. She keeps me in check, reminds me to check my air supply (I really get tired of running out of air when I'm 30 meters under water... If it happens on a 'first dive of the day' I can't dive again all day after making an emergency ascent. If I'm with her, I just use her air, and we can make a safe ascent, and dive again later.) But she doesn't get another vacation until the end of next month, so no diving at least until then.

And it's getting too cold now for me to go paragliding and try my hand at aerial photography. Need thick gloves when you're up there now, and hard to change camera settings.

Maybe I'll try some City Photography... I haven't done that in a long time. Of course, I haven't done that in a long time because I don't find it very interesting... Hmmmmm.... People? I'd love to get some good 'face' photos of the older Japanese people, but I always feel intrusive when I ask. But some people do have great faces... like this old gal!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Faces1.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	96514  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #34997
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Continuing to work my way through Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes. Just finished "The Body". All I can say is .
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #34998
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
How come nobody told me Dexter series 7 had started? Time to catch up now.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #34999
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Stitchawl - you may be bored with those colors, but, as for me, I love seeing them. The colors are stunning. Thank you for always being willing to share them with us.

Home and relaxing while strolling through forums, etc..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #35000
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Driving out of Cairo, after having visited the great pyramid of Cheops. Very, very impressive. On my way to El Minya.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #35001
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I just got back from a yoga class - that wasn't there???

Did I get the day wrong? the time? the address? Am I going mad?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #35002
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Getting ready for work ... (and Checking MR before starting my day)
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #35003
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
How come nobody told me Dexter series 7 had started? Time to catch up now.
We don't get it until next year .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:38 AM   #35004
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right now I am preparing my system for an upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit (currently on 7 32-bit) as I want to take advantage of the better memory handling capabilities. So I am researching USB hard drives at the moment. A 1.0Tb drive should be enough to back everything up - my existing 250Gb one just won't do the job anymore - though the 2.0Tb are not much more expensive, so I might just go for one of those.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:22 AM   #35005
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Be sure to look at the USB-3 drives. When you start getting up there in size, having the super-speed of USB-3 is nice to have. My motherboard is old and only had USB-2 built in so I had to plug in a $20 card that gives me two USB-3 ports. With a couple of 2Tb and a 3Tb external drive, it's easy to see the speed difference between the USB 2 and 3.

Stitchawl
Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 AM   #35006
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Feeding a Lucas. He made it until 4:30 this morning. This is better than 3:30 or 4 although not as good as 5 would have been. My new routine has me up at 5:30 so 5 would be perfect.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:48 AM   #35007
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Sorry but what a stupid question, I am replying to this thread. That is what I am doing right now.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #35008
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
Sorry but what a stupid question, I am replying to this thread. That is what I am doing right now.
Well they do say a stupid question deserves a stupid answer. So well done!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #35009
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Be sure to look at the USB-3 drives. When you start getting up there in size, having the super-speed of USB-3 is nice to have. My motherboard is old and only had USB-2 built in so I had to plug in a $20 card that gives me two USB-3 ports. With a couple of 2Tb and a 3Tb external drive, it's easy to see the speed difference between the USB 2 and 3.

Stitchawl
Thanks, that's good advice. I have USB-2 as well, and wasn't aware you could plug in a card that would upgrade to USB-3.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #35010
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks, that's good advice. I have USB-2 as well, and wasn't aware you could plug in a card that would upgrade to USB-3.
Simple plug-in. For towers you need a free slot. For laptops, it's a PCMCIA card for older models and there are wireless ones for the new. Took me almost three minutes to put one in my tower, but most of that time was used getting up from being under the desk...

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?