Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 05-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Diligently Me
Diligently Me began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Kindle 2 and .lit

I'm going to be receiving my kindle 2 in about two weeks. My dilemma is that I have a few books in .lit format. I don't think the kindle supports the .lit format and so I wanted to know if there was good converter out there that will allow to make it kindle compatible.
Diligently Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Do a Google search for "convertlit". I prefer the GUI though there are those who prefer the command line version.

Edit: I forgot to tell you that once you've converted the lit file to opf, you'll need Calibre to convert it to a mobi book that will work on your Kindle. You can also use, MobiPocket Creator to make your .prc (same as mobi) book if you're using a PC.

Last edited by daffy4u; 05-03-2009 at 09:04 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
I have converted several .LIT files to .Mobi format with Calibre. It works great. LIT is a very simple format, it converts very well to other formats with minimal layout problems (depending on the original of course).
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Calibre won't work on DRMed LIT files but ConvertLIT will.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote