Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #61
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Here's some photos of the new iPad (3).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000048.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	84166   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000005.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	84167   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000046.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	84168   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000047.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	84169  
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #62
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
The best contribution possible: pics :-)
Thanks
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #63
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
The sky looks pretty there
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #64
Lancelot
Enthusiast
Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Nothing looks great under a bright sun unless you are a vegetation. Calling Apple lied with their commercial is as silly as any beer commercials linking their products with beautiful women...or any car commercials claiming life changing experience.

In short, if you believe everything you see in commercials, you are the problem.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #65
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seems difficult that you may have not understand their message (everything in the new iPad is about the display)

So if they focus everything on it, like they're doing

AND

produce their main spot with fake images about how the display looks.

Then there's something wrong. They're lying about the main thing this new iPad is about.

And there's more: why did they do it, if this will probably NOT increase noticeably their sales? No one expected it to work well in outdoors, do you want a prove?

In the past few days tons of reviews have been published by web magazines, famous and not, NONE of them showed the ipad in outdoors. The same happened with user reviews. You can just find three or four, in more than a hundred published.
In the future someone will do it, someone esle will compare again lcd with e-ink. But for now that's not a priority, because no one expected the lcd to be more readable in outdoors than the previous.

So you think a company may lie about the main thing they're selling you, and you're ok with this?
This has nothing to do with any "beer with chicks", I'm not telling you that when someone has an iPad, he should always smile like people in the advertising.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-18-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #66
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
This is a silly argument. When you go to a restaurant or fast food do you write and b&m about how the food looks nothing like the picture?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #67
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
I just got my iPad 3 and yep it glares in the sun. I don't care, I like the iPad better than the sun. Most of us pale, Apple fans do anyway. In the indoors (my preference) the display is innnnnnnnnncredible. The text in iBooks looks as crisp as letterpress type.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #68
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
The best contribution possible: pics :-)
Thanks
You're welcome.

Funny thing is, we (boss, co-worker, and myself) walked out of the Apple store with 10 of those, all fully loaded with 64GB and either Verizon or at&t, for our customers. That one is with me for the weekend and it's been turned on twice, including the pics seen here.

If anyone wants other pics, just let me know.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #69
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
This is a silly argument. When you go to a restaurant or fast food do you write and b&m about how the food looks nothing like the picture?
You're missing the point.
Dishes appearance on restaurant menu's pictures isn't "THE main content" you expect from those dishes. Main content is usually the taste.

Which is the main content of the iPad 3? The display.
Readability in bright light conditions IS a CORE feature related to THE main content of the new iPad.

It's not like you lie about the wi-fi or gps capabilities.
Now, if everyone was (and is) ok with the iPad's and all the other tablets' scarce readability in bright light -direct or not- WHY do you need to lie about it?

This is the point I don't get. The first hypotesys was narcissism, and I didn't find any better already.

There's another hypotesis we can do: the coming of the New Digital Gadget is like a religious event. And when it comes to religion, one doesn't complaint about the paranormal look of the Divine, in the representations people make of it.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-19-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #70
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Nothing looks great under a bright sun unless you are a vegetation.
E-ink looks great under the bright sun. The brighter the better, in fact.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #71
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
E-ink looks great under the bright sun. The brighter the better, in fact.
I agree. The PRS-350 looks best under direct sunlight. Alas, me and the heat? We don't really work that well together.

I've got an iPad 2 and iPad 3. Will take some pictures of both for comparison to see if there was any improvement as was mentioned in the keynote.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #72
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
I'm going on a cruise next week. Taking the iPad & kindle touch & kindle fire. I'll take some pics of all 3 when sitting by the pool or at the private island beach.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #73
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
If it's not that readable in those conditions, then imo it's false advertising and the advert needs banning. This isn't an Apple issue, it's a TV advertising issue as a whole and every company that portrays a product in a light that makes it look/sound like it can do something it cannot, is misleading customers.

Just because other adverts do it does no make it acceptable and in the past misleading adverts have had complaints lodged in the UK and the adverts pulled or changed.

I hesitate to actually say the ad is misleading as I've not seen an iPad 3 outdoors, although based on how every other single none e-ink display or hybrid display is unreadable, I have incredible doubts that the iPad 3 would look anywhere near as readable as the advert suggests. Hopefully any consumers that buy one based on using it outdoors lodges a complaint and returns it (Apple are probably banking on them keeping it though, which I bet a lot will)
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #74
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Apple's distortion is closer to an SUV ad claiming that it gives 100 miles to the gallon than a Red Bull ad claiming that it gives you wings. If a consumer took the SUV company and Red Bull into court for misrepresentation, the court of law would look very seriously into the former, while dismissing the Red Bull complaint as frivolous litigation.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #75
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Suggestions of banning misleading advertisements are extreme, IMO.

If claims made in the ads widely differ from reality, there will be a major hit in sales and the company will be ridiculed. The ads will be yanked voluntarily and heads will roll.

Much better than putting another piece of legislation in place that may or may not be enforced.

Edit: I don't honestly think heads will roll over the ipad screen's visibility in daylight because I don't think most users care. Some at MR do, but we're not normal. We're above average.

Last edited by no.guru; 03-19-2012 at 08:43 PM.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, fake, ipad, outdoor