Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Problem with exporting notes

I had previously exported a few notes from my Sony T1 without any problems. I've had quite a few building up, so decided to export some more and clear them out. I followed the instructions as before (synched with the Sony Reader software), opened the file, clicked second button from the left, and an RTF file was created. So far, so good. However, when I opened the file, the only thing that was actually exported was the title, author, publisher and category. No notes. So I tried again with three other books. Same result.

So I gave up, dismounted the Sony (properly - didn't just yank it out), and removed it from the PC. Now I've found it's only got half the notes that should be there - every note I've made since 25 Feb is just gone, even on books I didn't touch.

Does anyone have any idea what's gone wrong? Or any idea if it's possible to get these notes back?
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone?
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Maybe it didn't really sync your notes from the T1 to the computer? Can you see them on the copy on your computer that you open in the book viewer?

Are your notes still on the copy on your ereader? You could forget about sync and copy the book from your T1 into the Sony software and then export the notes. That's what I do.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
LuvReadin
Addict

Been trying with this, and I've successfully managed to export all the existing notes. Not sure why I was having problems originally; followed all the instructions about making sure they were copied into the Sony Reader software as I did before, but anyhoo they're all in there now. However, anything lost seems to be lost and gone forever. Oh well.

Also found that the book that prompted me to do this ('cos I was running out of space) still won't let me put notes on it even after deleting all the others, so it looks like there's a certain space allocated to each book, and after that, no more notes can be added unless the old ones are removed.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
sjvs
Enthusiast
sjvs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I don't have a clue what might have gone wrong with your notes. However, I can advise you to use Calibre in stead of the Sony Reader software. I created a plugin for Calibre, that allows you to merge handwritten notes on with the original (PDF, not EPUB) file, creating a new PDF with the notes included. See this thread for more info:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2050213

Hope this helps!
sjvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert