Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
billyjoeraybob
billyjoeraybob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Unhappy Kindle DX now on backorder!!!

Well if you thought you were gonna pop in to amazon and pic up a DX for Christmas.... you are apparently out of luck. The site is now saying available for shipping in 4 to 6 weeks. Hope it doesn't take that long!
billyjoeraybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjoeraybob View Post
Well if you thought you were gonna pop in to amazon and pic up a DX for Christmas.... you are apparently out of luck. The site is now saying available for shipping in 4 to 6 weeks. Hope it doesn't take that long!
That's a very strong hint that the Kindle DX International may soon become available. Cross your fingers.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It can't come out until February, if it will be sold in the US as well, because of the return policy:
Quote:
Holiday Returns Policy: Items sold by Amazon.com and shipped between November 1 and December 31, 2009, may be returned until January 31, 2010, for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines listed below.
I would not be surprised by a International KDX, replacing the existing KDX, in early February.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Guilty as charged. Everywhere I go, I take my DX. People see it -- I share with them how great it is. As the result, Amazon's stock of DX has been depleted by my converts.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:54 AM   #5
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
i (ahem) beg to differ it's all the people that i've shown mine to that's done it! :-)
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 06:33 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
It can't come out until February, if it will be sold in the US as well, because of the return policy: I would not be surprised by a International KDX, replacing the existing KDX, in early February.
Be really nice if the release of the International DX coincides with Amazon using PVI's plastic e-ink screen in them. I for one would consider one for my academic use.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:10 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I suspect that a backorder of screens is more likely. A number of other devices seem to be in short supply, probably for the same reason.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
puglover333
Enthusiast
puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3 KDXG
Wow - I must have gotten one of the last ones. I've had a K2 for a while now and decided to get the DX for Christmas. I ordered on Wednesday and it comes today!
puglover333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #9
billyjoeraybob

puglover333 you are one lucky devil!!! I am jealous! If nothing changes, I am currently looking a ship date of 01/21/2010. Hey but I can pretend with my cover that will be in next week! lol
Old 12-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
billyjoeraybob

I must have gotten lucky too! Somebody must have cancelled....mine shipped on 12/18/09 with a estimated arrival of 12/29/09 instead of a ship date of 1/21/10 whew!! Now if the USPS will just surprise me and get it to me sooner that the 29th!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Kindle DX is on backorder (IMHO) because of the large screen size. But once other larger then 6" screen readers are out, the Kindle DX might not sell as well.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #12
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I wonder if the new DX will allow cross document search within pdfs and highlighting and annotation of pdfs. If it does, I will be verrrrry tempted!
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #13
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Sometimes it's indicative of new model! I know Apple just delays orders before a new version is released.

I guess they might not want to release a new model so soon after christmas though, there would be a lot of angry christmas buyers!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #14
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
The rumors of this have long been flying. Good things come to those who wait.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #15
drzeller
drzeller has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PC, Windows Mobile Phones
CES is in January. Perhaps an announcement then?

When the K2 shipped, weren't pending orders changed over automagically? Perhaps those that order now will find themselves with a new model?!

D.
drzeller is offline   Reply With Quote