Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 02-03-2003, 01:47 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Smile

If you want to put all web links into one category, e.g. MyClips, do the following:

In the WCC file, find all
<UseDefaultCategory value="no"/>
occurances

and replace it with
<UseDefaultCategory value="yes"/>
<DefaultCategory>MyClips</DefaultCategory>

Cheers
Old 07-15-2003, 04:09 PM   #2
JSRunnels
Enthusiast
JSRunnels has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung SPHI-300
I have fooled around with giving my documents categories, but what is the point? So far I can't find where I can sort by categories in iSilo or iSiloX

Also, is there any way to sort documents in iSiloX?
Old 07-15-2003, 06:06 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The categories are good to sort the documents stored on your PDA. When you specify a category in iSiloX, the document is automatically moved into this category on your PDA.

So from the main menu in iSilo you can not only list all available documents but also list them by category. My categories:

All
Books
Computer
MyClips
Unfiled

There is currently no way to sort document, but I hope that Darren (programmer of iSilo/X) will eventually have the time to add some more support for that so that WCC becomes more user-friendly.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:12 PM   #4
JSRunnels
Enthusiast

Under options --> Document list --> sort by, I only have two choices: manual and alphabetical. Where is the sort by category option?
Old 07-15-2003, 06:18 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

options --> Document list --> sort by, stands for how to sort the documents within a category. You should see in the upper right corner the clickable category list. If you click there, you can edit categories and create new ones. Try to create the same category that you used in iSiloX for your document, and from then on, files should be automatically sorted according to their category.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:25 PM   #6
JSRunnels
Enthusiast

Found it.

If it was a snake...

Thanks.