Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #151
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Please ensure that you have the latest eBook Publisher (2.2.5) installed. Also, if you recently installed GEB Librarian then please (re)install eBook Publisher -- it overrides the DLL registration as they use the same name.
Thanks ashkulz it was GEB that caused the problem. Problem resolved

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #152
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Thanks ashkulz it was GEB that caused the problem. Problem resolved

=X=
Well, now, you know which program is going to be sitting on the shelf, so to speak!

Tells us how you make out exploring impserve! From my point of view, were the plugins easy to install and did they do the job right?

If you get stuck, there may be a work around, given the EBW1150's internal browser is somewhat limited and there are many complex (including poorly coded!) websites out there. We've probably been there, done that, so just ask!

Enjoy!

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-22-2008 at 05:09 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #153
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Given all the enthusiasm (particularly comments indicating impserve may be superior to the ebookwise Librarian), I finally talked myself into trying it with the following disappointing results:

impserve -a 127.0.0.1 -p 9090 shelf
Loaded plugin: AdjustHtml
Loaded plugin: AdjustQueryString
impserve 0.7: starting server on 127.0.0.1:9090
127.0.0.1 - - [22/Sep/2008 20:19:00] Error encountered while processing the request:\'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

Since my knowledge of Python barely extends beyond the ability to spell it, is anyone able to shed any light on my problem.

Thanks,
Gene
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #154
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Given all the enthusiasm (particularly comments indicating impserve may be superior to the ebookwise Librarian), I finally talked myself into trying it with the following disappointing results:

impserve -a 127.0.0.1 -p 9090 shelf
Loaded plugin: AdjustHtml
Loaded plugin: AdjustQueryString
impserve 0.7: starting server on 127.0.0.1:9090
127.0.0.1 - - [22/Sep/2008 20:19:00] Error encountered while processing the request:\'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

Since my knowledge of Python barely extends beyond the ability to spell it, is anyone able to shed any light on my problem.

Thanks,
Gene
GeneS: looks like you have a corrupt .IMP file in your shelf folder. Can you move all the books somewhere else and add it one-by-one to find out which one is causing the problem?

BTW, you don't need to pass in command line parameters: the defaults are good enough, so you can just double click on the EXE.

EDIT: I've committed a fix which should ignore such files. Can you download the latest source code (click on snapshot - zip) and test it using python src/impserve.py?

Last edited by ashkulz; 09-22-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: mention commit
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:22 AM   #155
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Well, now, you know which program is going to be sitting on the shelf, so to speak!

Enjoy!
I just tried the application and it is SWEET! My daughters 1150 is now

I've just integrated impbuild with my BookCreator tool. This is by far the best IMP creation combo I've found yet.

The contributions ashkulz and you have made are filling in a huge void the 1150 had.
Thanks!

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:16 AM   #156
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
GeneS: looks like you have a corrupt .IMP file in your shelf folder. Can you move all the books somewhere else and add it one-by-one to find out which one is causing the problem?

EDIT: I've committed a fix which should ignore such files. Can you download the latest source code (click on snapshot - zip) and test it using python src/impserve.py?
Ashkulz:
I now get to see what others are talking about ... Great piece of work.
I found and removed the corrupt file (it was a 0-byte file). Also tested the fix you provided. Worked like a charm
Are there any plans to incorporate the fix into the Windows .exe version?

Now, on to trying out some of Nick's plug-ins.

Thanks for the work you and Nick have put into this.

Gene
Old 09-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #157
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Changes in ebookutils-0.8:
  1. fix crash when invalid .IMP encountered in bookshelf
  2. added sample content homepage and some sample ebooks

The sample homepage is very minimalistic. Please take care not to overwrite your changes when you upgrade in future!
Old 09-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #158
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
quick question, and sorry if its pretty basic.

If im using the batch file to start impserv as a windows service, how do i specify a different directory for my books etc?

thank you.

edit-i r a gud spellar

Last edited by askyn; 09-23-2008 at 06:39 PM.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #159
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also something strange about the current verions (v8).

I can go to my online book shelf just fine, but to get to the "content" index.html to vist web pages, I have to press the "update now" button.

NOT the "bookstore" option.

If i press bookstore it goes into a infinite loop tring to comunicate with the ebook network.

I can then press the update option and it goes to the index just fine.

Before my crash ( had to restore my computer form scratch ), I could press the bookstore to get online.

Just mentioning it.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #160
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post

I can go to my online book shelf just fine, but to get to the "content" index.html to vist web pages, I have to press the "update now" button.

If i press bookstore it goes into a infinite loop tring to comunicate with the ebook network.

Before my crash ( had to restore my computer form scratch ), I could press the bookstore to get online.

Just mentioning it.
The impserve.exe executable, when double clicked, worked for me.

Try it again after rebooting your reader, perhaps it had a brain-freeze or something...

BTW, how did you start that session that only allowed the Update Now button to work instead of the directory icon?
Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 PM   #161
askyn
Addict

Quote:
The impserve.exe executable, when double clicked, worked for me.

Try it again after rebooting your reader, perhaps it had a brain-freeze or something...

BTW, how did you start that session that only allowed the Update Now button to work instead of the directory icon?
I had started impserv as a windows service at that time.

now that being said, dont you just love flaky people who cannt even reproduce their own error!? rofl

I rebooted my pc and reset my ebook and alls working well now .. i can access content via pressing my directory button etc.

My only remaining question is how to change / add a directory for books to be in when starting impserv as a windows service?

Ive tried a couple of things I thought would work, but it didnt rofl.

Any help / suggestions would be very welcome.

I tried changing this line:

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\impserve\Pa rameters /v AppDirectory /d "\"%~dp0\"" /f

to add a directory .. should I be modifing this one?

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\impserve\Pa rameters /v Application /d "\"%~dp0impserve.exe\"" /f

instead? and if so how would I change it?

I want to add in this directory to be searched:
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\My Documents\Ebooks\Imp format books\

It has multiple directorys with a bunch of books ( each seperate directory is a authors name with their books in it )
Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 AM   #162
nrapallo

Yes, I would like to know as well!

I haven't had much success using the windows service yet. My plugins don't work well in that configuration so I'll be re-vamping them again, if it's possible to get this working!

I just use a batch file for now with my preferred library location (as do you).

Askyn, these are great questions, so keep asking! (he, he, pun intended)
Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 AM   #163
ashkulz
Addict

It's pretty simple, you should change this line:
Code:
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\impserve\Parameters /v AppParameters /d "-l \"%~dp0\impserve.log\"" /f
to
Code:
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\impserve\Parameters /v AppParameters /d "\"YOURDIRGOESHERE\" -l \"%~dp0\impserve.log\"" /f
The \" is required as the directory in which you install may have spaces...

Last edited by ashkulz; 09-24-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:16 AM   #164
ashkulz
Addict

Quote:
I haven't had much success using the windows service yet. My plugins don't work well in that configuration so I'll be re-vamping them again, if it's possible to get this working!
Well, you wanted to do an overhaul of the plugins anyway, didn't you? So now's your chance
Old 09-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #165
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post

Using version 8.
I'm experiencing the same circumstances as Askyn. To access the web, I first have to access the "online bookshelf". Following that, I must press Menu > Update_Now (pressing "Bookstore" creates an infinite search state). If if just go to the menu bar without first accessing my bookshelf, the reader goes into an infinite search for connection regardless of whether I press "Bookstore" or "Update Now." Apparently, the "Update Now" button only works if the reader is already connected to the server.