Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
simpo067
simpo067 began at the beginning.

Device: elonex
Collections and Series Numbering Calibre Kindle

I've just used the kindle collections plugin on calibre and I'm pleased with the result, I used it to set the collections based on the series description set in the metadata using Calibre. However does anybody know how I can make the Kindle (3.1) pay attention to the series numbering rather than defaulting to an alphabetical sort in the collections view.

Cheers in advance
simpo067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpo067 View Post
I've just used the kindle collections plugin on calibre and I'm pleased with the result, I used it to set the collections based on the series description set in the metadata using Calibre. However does anybody know how I can make the Kindle (3.1) pay attention to the series numbering rather than defaulting to an alphabetical sort in the collections view.

Cheers in advance
Better to post this in the Calibre forum than here, since it's really a Calibre feature, but the short answer is to use a Metadata Plugboard. Mine is:

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

This makes the title on the Kindle start with the series name and number.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Better to post this in the Calibre forum than here, since it's really a Calibre feature, but the short answer is to use a Metadata Plugboard. Mine is:

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

This makes the title on the Kindle start with the series name and number.
I use a similar scheme and, for my sanity's sake, I do the same for the saved filename.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote