Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
LarsonMattr
Edge User

Do HID devices work on Entourage Edge?

On Windows and Linux, USB HID devices are automatically recognized and can be used as joysticks. Can the Entourage eDGe do this?

I made a Super Nintendo -> USB adaptor using this fellows chip (http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/...b/index_en.php) and would like to try this controller with Android on the edge (there are some NES and SNES emulators available for the eDGe).

---

It seems like Linux underneath the Android should detect and work with HIDs pretty easily, but I am not sure that Android will show it up. When I plug it in on Windows/Linux my controller works, but on the Edge in Nesoid, it doesn't seem to do much when I press a button (ie, doesn't let me map in buttons as various key presses). So it seems like the eDGe doesn't quite work with HIDs yet?

-Matt

Old 09-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsonMattr View Post
On Windows and Linux, USB HID devices are automatically recognized and can be used as joysticks. Can the Entourage eDGe do this? . . .. When I plug it in on Windows/Linux my controller works, but on the Edge in Nesoid, it doesn't seem to do much when I press a button (ie, doesn't let me map in buttons as various key presses). So it seems like the eDGe doesn't quite work with HIDs yet?
Android may not include the usual modules/devices to make the joystick. It is intentionally minimized to be a phone OS, so many things are missing.

Advert