Old 01-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #16
blanny431
blanny431 began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
I did this yesterday.

Something doesn't seem quite right. If the crashing and slowness persists take Guiltyr1's advice. You may also try turning the page animations off in the applications.

I would imagine you would place your books from calibre into the alkido SD folder.
Hey y ou guys can someone explain to me how to do that folder thing??? I am new so It would have to be step by step kind of thing but it sounds like something I could use...thanks blanny431
blanny431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #17
blanny431
blanny431 began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
When you say you hacked it, you probably need to say what you did. What firmware are you running?
I did exactly what they said step for step on the pandigital site..the open platform thing....only I dont have that SAM icon like the other guy said so maybe I missed a step.....I did get the little android dude and the progress line though so it was close...:-)
blanny431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #18
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanny431 View Post
I did exactly what they said step for step on the pandigital site..the open platform thing....only I dont have that SAM icon like the other guy said so maybe I missed a step.....I did get the little android dude and the progress line though so it was close...:-)
I would use the upgrader application from the pandigital site. It should install 1/14/2011 release (for a white PDN). You may need to flash it twice. If you don't get working apps after the first flash, then you need reflash the same firmware.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #19
vinsect
vinsect began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I've tried a couple different hacks. The unit bricked after the second one.
I got another one and am using it with factory settings.
I'm using Calibre for book conversion, and third-party software to remove DRM. One of the main reasons I wanted the hack in the first place was to run kindle software. Now I just convert my books to unprotected epub format.
With most media, its legal to make copies for your own personal use, as in cases like this. New hardware doesn't support other format. I had some books in Microsoft Reader lit format I converted too.
While I was using the hacked firmware, this was my impression...
It was cool to see a lot of the available apps, however I never got a working marketplace. Tried installing several apps by other methods.
Many of these apps were designed for use with more hardware buttons or a built-in camera (like the barcode reader, which is being used heavily now)
Some hacks modify the volume up and down button to function as back and menu. Without this, you can't exit many programs without rebooting the unit.
Also, I tried a few browsers and couldn't select text to copy or cut with any of them.
Hopefully, future models will come with full Android OS, built-in cameras, and at least menu and back buttons, if not up,down, right, and left buttons too.
vinsect is offline   Reply With Quote