Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 11-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #1
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Mobile TV is gaining viewers

According to an article at Yahoo! News titled Consumers Warm to Internet TV on Mobile Phones, more consumers are watching TV programming over the internet and on mobile devices. Recent developments like the availability of TV shows for the new iPod with video capabilities, services like MobiTV, and the preference by younger consumers to watch short-format video content like Mobisodes and music videos are being validated by recent studies and surveys.

Read the full article here.

Related: Mobile video about to explode, Mobisodes: Mobile Episodes of your favorite TV shows, MobiTV to offer live TV on Treo phones

[via PDA247]
Old 11-11-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
MrSaint
Little Computer Guy
MrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it isMrSaint knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650 + iPaq
That's wonderful news.

I've been using my handheld for watching movies for more than six months, and today I couldn't live without it anymore. Most of my friends think I am crazy and promise me that I'd going blind in a few years, but I don't care, because it's mobility that makes the small screen so enjoyable. Over are the times I have to pause a movie when I need to relieve myself.
Advert
Old 11-11-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I agree.... even on small pda screens or standard PPC 240x320 resolution you can watch movies and they look great. But a big TV screen is still nice sometimes, too.

The one thing I've found, though, is that it's easier to find opportunities to listen to audiobooks than it is to watch video. You can't really multitask as much with video.

I'm not sure how many adults will want mobile TV, but I hope it becomes popular. It would be reall great for sporting events or your favorite show when travelling. And teens are sure to love it. Just imagine when technology allows Tivo-like functionality on the handhelds!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:21 AM   #4
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Funny how the industry is focusing on mobile movies that fit on such a small screen. It seems as if we're going backwards. Its good that my zire71 will probably not become obsolete cause it can carry movies on it as well. What I mean by backwards is that technology is really moving into the highly mobile form factor. Laptops will soon be a thing of the past.