Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #841
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Just choose Kamikazi mode and go. You'll be published in no time.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #842
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Finished the first draft of my new book, it's ended up being a sort of cross between a skinhead Mills and Boon and a 1970s hells angel book so it'll probably take a while to turn it into something readable.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #843
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congratulations!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #844
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Finished the first draft of my new book, it's ended up being a sort of cross between a skinhead Mills and Boon and a 1970s hells angel book so it'll probably take a while to turn it into something readable.
Nice one .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #845
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I just finished the first draft of the second book in my contemporary fantasy series - 171000 words. The first book was 163000, I told you I was verbose! No one else has seen anything of the second book yet, and I'm now about to hand it over to my first reader ... and I'm feeling very nervous.

I still haven't decided how to publish these books yet. The first one has two traditional publisher rejections already, and in Australia there are not very many such options for fantasy from unknown authors. I will probably make at least one more try down that route - via an agent this time. If that doesn't work I'll probably finish the series and then try self-publishing. I must say that reading the experiences of others here gives me more confidence about self-publishing. (The desire for traditional publishing is probably partly vanity, but also acknowledges my total lack of marketing expertise.)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #846
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well done on the second book, and good luck with your first reader .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #847
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I just finished the first draft of the second book in my contemporary fantasy series - 171000 words. ...
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I still haven't decided how to publish these books yet. The first one has two traditional publisher rejections already, and in Australia there are not very many such options for fantasy from unknown authors. I will probably make at least one more try down that route - via an agent this time. If that doesn't work I'll probably finish the series and then try self-publishing. I must say that reading the experiences of others here gives me more confidence about self-publishing. (The desire for traditional publishing is probably partly vanity, but also acknowledges my total lack of marketing expertise.)
Good luck with that as well. The other piece you should consider is what kind of control/autonomy do you want and how much of that do you want to take on or pay to have done for you. Also see this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178831

Last edited by kennyc; 05-20-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #848
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
I'm currently working on my next Dave Riggler short story collectin, Long-Distance Dedications. I've got 3 stories already written for it, another 3 I'm working on, and probably 3 more to go. I'm also working on getting individual ones published as I go along. So far, "And Ye Shall Be Healed" has been published in Red Fez, and I'm working on getting "Leaving the Union" published.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #849
kennyc

Several things in the works, edited an essay late yesterday-I think it's complete and have a list of markets and will send it off when on 6/1 when the first market opens their reading window, another essay to edit/complete today and tons of ideas, but am not happy with my results at this point for having headed down this full-time writing path for not quite 3 months now. I'm going to spend the next couple of days continuing to work as above but also on re-evaluating my progress, direction and methods.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #850
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's been over a year. I'm getting the urge to just toss all this social media marketing malarky out the window... and just write, and see what happens.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #851
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
It's been over a year. I'm getting the urge to just toss all this social media marketing malarky out the window... and just write, and see what happens.
That's certainly more where my head is as you know from my posts in the "indie writer success" thread.

I think the marketing is important, but the most important thing is to writer great stuff!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #852
waqarhassan41
waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.waqarhassan41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In now days i am writing articles on GSM mobile phones......
waqarhassan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #853
kennyc

Cool!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #854
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not sure what to write next... the third book in the Verdant Skies series... or a brand new story, an adventure-romance. So, I'm going to develop both stories at the same time, and see which gels first.

Edit: I still need to knock out a few more short stories for my still-classified TV project. I have the second one about half-finished now.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 06-02-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #855
Edward M. Grant
Zealot
Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Asus Transformer
Trying to finish my d*mn 'Horror Movie' novel; I started it as a diversion on a business trip last spring as an attempt to try out Stephen King's "I just start with a situation and see where it goes" approach to writing and realised a year later that I'm not that kind of writer. The basic story is there, but I have so many subplots to clean up that I'm not sure whether I'll ever get it done or just put it away for a year and rewrite it from scratch.
Edward M. Grant is offline   Reply With Quote