Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
K3 charging intermittently

I wonder if anyone else has had the same recharging problem with a K3? Quite often now, it won't charge the first time I plug in the cable even though the battery icon shows it to be connected.

AFter five or six hours when there's still no warmth at the back indicating it's charging, I have to unplug it, when it shows it has taken no charge -- and usually when I try again, this time it works.

Happened a few times now, and with different cables, either from a laptop USB or using a wall charger, and despite careful checks that the plugs are well seated.

Anyone else had this, and is there a solution? The device is 'way past its warranty period.

Last edited by terencek; 03-01-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Clarification
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I recall once that I did. I just rebooted the Kindle (through the menu) and it fixed it. Give that a shot.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert