Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (DRM-free multiple formats) Home Again [Gay Amnesiac Domestic Angst Romance]

Home Again is the 1st in the Home series of m/m contemporary angsty interpersonal drama romances by Cardeno C. (really just a last initial), free as All Romance eBooks' Earth Day countdown selection for April 9th in conjunction with publisher Dreamspinner Press.

This has just 3 flames on the ARE heat index, and the rest of the series ranges between 3 to 4 (besides the short story which, as you might imagine from the title, skews what Total E-Bound likes to call the sexometer).

(ETA: Don't read the reviews, as people spoiler what seem like moderately important plot points for the book, considering that there's supposed to be a big awful secret and that was probably it, or at least one of them.)

Free without DRM in the format of your choice (for multiple formats, do multiple checkouts, and you can gift extras to your friends) @ All Romance eBooks until just before midnight US Central time on April 10th. If you missed it earlier, the previous day's 4-flame f/m paranormal vampires vs mad killer romantic suspense will still be free for a limited time: The Hunters: Declan and Tori.

Author C. has a bonus freebie short story for you also from the Home series, which assures you it is m/m despite the title: Woman with a Dildo (5 flames).

S/he also has two additional stories collected in freebie multi-author anthologies which will provide you with many more authors to try: Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One and Just One Bite, Volume Six (the entire series of both of these are free, by the way).

C.'s work is also available via Fictionwise, and you can get a very nice discount on them this week using the 50% off coupon in this thread, which is generally good until Thursday/Friday.

Publisher Dreamspinner is currently in the final few weeks of a celebration of their 1000th book published, and they are offering 20% off eBook anthologies and paperback purchases according to their schedule, see their front page for details if interested.

Description
Noah Forman wakes up in a hospital and can’t remember how he got there. He holds it together, taking comfort in the fact that the man he has loved since childhood, his partner, Clark Lehman, is on his way.

But when Clark finally arrives, Noah is horrified to discover that he doesn’t remember anything from the past three years, and he simply can’t understand why. It will take some painful confrontations if Noah’s going to figure out why he’s lost all memories of his recent past... and secure the future he’s dreamed of having with Clark.

Last edited by ATDrake; 04-09-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Readers who spoiler without warnings should have reviewing privileges taken away. Or just be shot. Non-lethally, if you want.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
oh, i love this author. thanks
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
I've been waiting for this one to come up during the giveaway! Slowly but surely I'm going to get every book in this series. It's one of my favorite themes.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I've been meaning to try this author! Thanks!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Is it just me, or has ARe's website become slower and slower, to the point of nearly being unusable, the past couple of weeks? I can barely get there anymore, either from phone or computer, and it's extremely annoying.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Today was the first time I've had issues with the ARE site being slow, but it was really bad this morning. I finally waited it out long enough to get the freebie of the day, but I'm hoping it will correct itself before tomorrow's offering
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
It's been slow all week for me; today was actually much faster then yesterday.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Is it just me, or has ARe's website become slower and slower, to the point of nearly being unusable, the past couple of weeks? I can barely get there anymore, either from phone or computer, and it's extremely annoying.
slow and sometimes offline, all week.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was able to use it yesterday with no problems. I use Chrome.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Not going to download this but I love the descriptor: Gay Amnesiac Domestic Angst Romance. Talk about a sub catagory.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks everyone for confirming I'm not out of my mind.

After getting to a place with better 3G reception I was able to access ARe fine on my phone, so being at work clearly is a factor as well.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
Joykins
Wizard

I can't even access it from work, I think Websense calls it Adult or something.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I can't even access it from work, I think Websense calls it Adult or something.
I can't get to it on a computer connected through work's network connection, but since they track and key-log everything, I wouldn't dream of trying. But I used to be able to get to it in the browser on my Droid phone, while sitting at my desk, and that keeps timing out now and can't connect.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
Joykins
Wizard

We're allowed to do a little personal use of Internet at work plus ebooks can be argued as nominally work-related for me (not gay amnesiac domestic angst romance so much, alas). But I buy from my home computer since I manage my ebooks on it.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #15
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
We're allowed to do a little personal use of Internet at work plus ebooks can be argued as nominally work-related for me (not gay amnesiac domestic angst romance so much, alas). But I buy from my home computer since I manage my ebooks on it.
Same here.

We're not allowed ebook readers that can do data input (so no 950), and phones only because that's how family reaches you in an emergency. We deal with credit cards and confidential information, so there's a lot of policies in effect along the lines of "we need to be able to say we did everything to prevent it".

The marvels of modern technology...