Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayferson View Post
can anybody upload michael robotham novels??? very much appreciate it
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST COPYRIGHTED WORKS. I REALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO STRESS THIS POINT MORE STRONGLY!!!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #17
graphicsgirl
Connoisseur
graphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook wifi, Ebookwise 1150, Dell Axim x5
If someone could upload Ruth Stiles Gannett's "My Father's Dragon" for the little ones, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
graphicsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #18
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicsgirl View Post
If someone could upload Ruth Stiles Gannett's "My Father's Dragon" for the little ones, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
It's available on PG, if that's any help.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:50 AM   #19
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST COPYRIGHTED WORKS. I REALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO STRESS THIS POINT MORE STRONGLY!!!
Use a larger font?

So I've noticed that the version of Brandon Sanderson's Warbreaker that is available here is v6.1. Now, I know Sanderson had several versions available on his website since he was making early drafts available as well. But there is a final version of the completed novel available there now. Appropriately enough, the file is called "Warbreaker-Final" and it's in PDF.

I don't know what the difference is between v6.1 and Final, but I assume there are some. Could someone, er, take care of that? I would, but frankly don't know how. I tried simply converting it in Calibre, but the formatting changes (no italics, for instance).

Anyone willing? (ePub preferably, since most readers seem to support that.)

P.S. I also want to 'request' people to upload Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. I know it's under copyright, but Harry's point wasn't quite stressed strongly enough for me.

Last edited by afa; 07-27-2010 at 03:52 AM.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #20
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Ok, please don't flame me or anything for this question. It may be stupid but I'm new and have never used MobileRead nor have I shared eBooks before (I’m not a big fan of sharing my bound books, either).

Regarding uploads & requests... when we upload (I'm assuming to the Library here) are we uploading a book to be borrowed from the library by another member (like I do from my library with ADE) or are we creating a download for the member to own the book?

The reason I ask is that if we are actually creating a library, I can donate my purchased books to my local library (and I often do, if I want to own it as well I just buy two copies). Would I be able to donate books to the Library here?
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 04:45 AM   #21
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The MobileRead library is more a repository of ebooks than a common library. Books from here are not borrowed, but just downloaded and usable with no deadline or restrictions. They are also DRM free, you can use it and copy it to any device or computer, as long as it reads the format.

But, since this library is free for anyone to use, we can only host books that are also free of copyright (or donated by their copyright holders). That means you can upload a book only if you are the author or if the book is public domain (in Canada, or in the US if you upload to the US server). In general, uploading a book you purchased is not allowed.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #22
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I wonder, are the EPUB and OPDS specifications available as ebooks in EPUB format? It's a pain reading those on a web browser. Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:20 AM   #23
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Can someone please upload Foxmask by Juliet Marillier for me? I would appreciate it!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:36 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Can someone please upload Foxmask by Juliet Marillier for me? I would appreciate it!
Moderator Notice

DO NOT REQUEST THAT COPYRIGHTED BOOKS BE UPLOADED.

The MobileRead eBook Library is ONLY for books that are in the public domain, and those which are posted with the permission of the copyright holder. Anyone who knowingly posts illegal material will be immediately banned without warning or notice.

Last edited by HarryT; 03-11-2011 at 08:58 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #25
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Please pardon me if this is a dumb question, but can the Index here be parsed by reader apps like Aldiko / Moon+ / Stanza that support catalog downloading?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 AM   #26
Vigorcat
Banned
Vigorcat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
LRF is not as good as ePub because with ePub, I can specify the fonts I want to use. Plus, if I was to get a different reader, LRF would be useless.
LRF is a properity format of sony reader.
Vigorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #27
dadogisdacat
dadogisdacat began at the beginning.

Device: nook
can i request for clinical anatomy by regions by snell?
dadogisdacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:14 AM   #28
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadogisdacat View Post
can i request for clinical anatomy by regions by snell?
If it's not in the public domain then it won't be found here because it would violate copyright to post a copy. Is Mr. Snell still alive? When was the book 1st published? If it's a fairly recent book then you'll have to wait for the publishers to release it as an ebook. Anything post 1923 or where the author is still living is still in copyright.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:20 AM   #29
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Anything post 1923 or where the author is still living is still in copyright.
Not necessarily. the "pre-1923" rule is only for the US, and MobileRead is hosted in Canada, so Canadian laws apply: basically anything written by anyone who died more than 50 years ago.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:24 AM   #30
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Not necessarily. the "pre-1923" rule is only for the US, and MobileRead is hosted in Canada, so Canadian laws apply: basically anything written by anyone who died more than 50 years ago.
I stand corrected. I'd forgotten that the U.S. and Canada do define the time limit differently. I looked round online for the book in question though and I don't know if the author is living or dead, but the publication date I found is 2007 so I'm guessing it might still be under copyright in any event. Unless it is an older book that was just transferred to digital media like some are. I imagine it is a large file if it is available somewhere in digital media though since they would need pictures of different areas of disease etc.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote