Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
robinhooddaffy
robinhooddaffy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
use my K3 to store knitting patterns

I wanted something to store all my knitting and crochet PDF files on so I can take them with me. this way I have my pattern or can show to someone else, and I don't have to worry about wrinkling up the original magazine or pattern. easy to read too.
robinhooddaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
It's a good idea - I think more hobbyists / crafters should consider using ereading devices to store patterns & instructions.

I use mine for recipes. I have an openoffice document where I write my recipes down, convert it to HTML and then use mobipocket creator to convert to a Kindle format. Easy peasy. Very handy in the kitchen when you want to use a tried and trusted recipe. You can always pop a clear plastic bag (ziploc) over the kindle to keep it clean.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
I have typed up the main commuting timetable (just the few buses and trains during a half hour period from 7.30am and from 5.30pm). I scaled the Word document to an A5 page and saved to PDF. It looks pretty good on both my K2i and K3. If I am waiting at a stop/station and have just missed the train/bus I can pull out the Kindle and have a look at the schedule (pretty handy when the information board at the station is broken).
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
Starstryder
Starstryder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have started doing the same I buy a lot of pdf knitting patterns and this is great for it, can focus nicely on a particular part of the chart. Love this device so much!
Starstryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #5
katiebea
katiebea began at the beginning.

Device: eco reader
Hey what a great idea! I knit when I can but am having trouble with a puppy eating anything paper or plastic. Hopefully he will not eat my eco reader!
katiebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Kindleworm - that's a great idea for recipes. I think I'll put some of my faves on there for when we go on holiday as it is usually self catering. I'm a vegetarian but end up in the veg aisle of a Greek supermarket thinking 'now what is it exactly I do with that aubergine and pepper dish that hubby likes?' .... so this would be great, I can do a meal plan like I do at home based on some recipes.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
robinhooddaffy
robinhooddaffy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
there is a computer program called "CutePDF" that will convert things to PDF format instead of having Amazon do it. It is a 2 part software download and sets up as a printer. I use it alot to save stuff as a pdf.
robinhooddaffy is offline   Reply With Quote