Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
Likereadin
Likereadin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre

Hello,
I must tell you I am trying very hard to learn about my e-reader but have a long way to go! However, if you can please help with what is, no doubt, an ignorant question, I would greatly appreciate it. I have downloaded Calibre to my desktop. My goal is to download newspapers. I successfully downloaded USA Today for today's news, although Calibre gave me a message at the end that it had failed.
But it did download, so the message was incorrect, I guess. I'm happy I got that far. Now my question: Can I do this by WiFi? Must I always be connected to a computer by USB cable in order to download anything?
Thank you so much for your help, in advance.
Pam
Likereadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to the Introduce Yourself Forum, where members take the time and courtesy to introduce themselves.

Because this is the Introduce Yourself Forum, members actually.....well....introduce themselves; in fact, many courteous members actually welcome the opportunity to introduce themselves.

Please take the time and courtesy to introduce yourself.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome to the boards, Pam
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Pam and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, likereadin. (did you mean "likereading"? If so, a mod can help you change your name.....otherwise, disregard.)

When you've introduced yourself, please go to our Calibre forum (look up at the top of the page and click on "forums") and ask your question there.

You'll get a quicker response that way.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
Likereadin

Hello, and thank you for your hellos, all.

Desertgrandma, I clicked on "Forums," as you suggested, and then did not find a way to post my question. Can you please give me one more step beyond that?
Thank you for your help.
Likereadin.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likereadin View Post
Hello, and thank you for your hellos, all.

Desertgrandma, I clicked on "Forums," as you suggested, and then did not find a way to post my question. Can you please give me one more step beyond that?
Thank you for your help.
Likereadin.
Here ya go. I clicked on "forums", then scrolled down to where it said "Calibre", clicked on that.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

Now.......try reading the stickys "new to Calibre" or "video tutorials". If that doesn't help, click on the "new thread" link and post your question. Its right above the blue bar that says "threads in forum".
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
Likereadin

Thank you so much! I will try what you suggested.