Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
craigc1981
craigc1981 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Problems with Overdrive "user not activated"

I've done a lot of reading about the user not activated problems and tried many things, but nothing seems to work.
Downloaded ADE, authorized computer with same email address (Adobe Sign In) that is on my nook. Plugged in my nook and authorized it.
Now when I download a book from my local library it shows up in ADE. Drag the book onto the nook icon on the left. Disconnect Nook and try to view book and get the "user not activated" message.
Does the library attach something to the download that also needs to be the same as ADE and Nook?

Thanks for any suggestions
craigc1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I had a similar problem with my Sony Library and ADE...did you use the same PASSWORD for the activations? It actually matters.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
craigc1981

Passwords are the same.
Does Nook work with all overdrive or does each library manipulate the file in some way?
Trying to figure out if my Canadian library is compatible with nook.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
craigc1981

ok not sure what happened
third times a charm!
First two books didnt work and the third one did, after messing around with Calibre. Calibre wasnt working went back to ADE and it worked.
no clue on how it worked but the first two books have disappeared on my nook.
oh well.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm glad you got in (on the 3rd attempt!)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
amandaj07
amandaj07 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I have tried three books and it is still saying 'User not activated'. Any idea what may have caused yours to start working???

Thanks!
amandaj07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
dtjacobsco
dtjacobsco began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
Has anyone figured this out yet? I get the 'User not activated' message. I have used my library for my Sony Reader with no problem, but cannot figure out the Nook.
dtjacobsco is offline   Reply With Quote