Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 02:36 AM   #1
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Eye-fi (Wifi on an SD card)

Has anyone tried of the Eye-fi works on the PRS-700 to create connectivity between computer and reader via wifi?

The device I'm talking about:
http://www.eye.fi/

The eye-fi is a wifi on an SD card. It also doubles as an SD card when wifi is out of range.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:56 AM   #2
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Wow, that would be cool! Never hear of them. Will it work on a reader though?
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 03:36 AM   #3
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
I thought about it but I don't think it can work flawlessly without some hack :/
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Hey Dedale, I see you are also in Tokyo! Where did you buy your 700 from?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:26 AM   #5
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

A friend in Canada. He bought it and sent it via fedex. No problem with customs and very (very very very....) happy customer there ^_^
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 04:35 AM   #6
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Isn't the connectivity just one-way, i.e. the Eye-fi card will transmit/upload from card to PC, but not the other way around?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #7
dragonbone
must love dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedale View Post
A friend in Canada. He bought it and sent it via fedex. No problem with customs and very (very very very....) happy customer there ^_^
Me too! Very (very, very) happy.
I bought mine on eBay and while waiting anxiously, noticed that it was held up at Japan immigration for 4 days, (I tracked it via UPS online tracking)! I was surprised since other items I've tracked in the past always arrive at my door the same day they arrive in Japan).
I had to pay 800 Yen import tax. how about you?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
Dedale
Guest Star

My apologies, it was with EMS in fact and it took 2 weeks. It was quite long and as it was a surprise of my wife for my birthday, she was the one who was anxious !

My friend in Canada took the insurance for the package but after that we didn't pay anything.
You were less lucky I guess, but still, 800 yen is cheap
Old 03-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Isn't the connectivity just one-way, i.e. the Eye-fi card will transmit/upload from card to PC, but not the other way around?
I looked into this and understood that also.. It looks like it transmits automatically to the PC or authorized upload site. I didn't notice that it would work in the opposite direction.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #10
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Well... there's always that new gadget they are releasing for the BEBook... probably that would work better than this
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote