Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Question when does the T3 support Chinese character?

Hello.

I am waiting the T3 supports Chinese character,
how long with me?

The T3 is a international device,so i think supporting chinese is good.
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
I can't speak for the T series, but on my 650 I have to use embedded Japanese fonts. Have you tried Chinese ones?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Smile good way for embedded fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I can't speak for the T series, but on my 650 I have to use embedded Japanese fonts. Have you tried Chinese ones?
Can you tell me particular steps to embedded Chinese fonts for T3??

or 650?

thanks
Old 10-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
Can you tell me particular steps to embedded Chinese fonts for T3??

or 650?

thanks
I won't have much time here before the end of the month, so if I were you I would search the forum for details. If you don't find anything or aren't in a hurry, I'll come back early November.
Good luck
Old 10-26-2013, 03:09 AM   #5
sbwtxj
Groupie

Smile

I am waiting for your coming.
Need simple ways.
Simply direct throw files into the T3,
as like english character files,

I hope it is ok!

Advert
Old 11-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
sbwtxj
Groupie

Smile

Quote:
I won't have much time here before the end of the month, so if I were you I would search the forum for details. If you don't find anything or aren't in a hurry, I'll come back early November.
Good luck
Old 11-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #7
sbwtxj
Groupie

Hi samhy

Waiting for your message.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #8
samhy
Wizard

Well since Rizla already gave you pointers, I thought you've got all you needed to deal with the embedded fonts.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #9
sbwtxj
Groupie

I need the Sony corp. supporting with this question.

So have such one in here?

Last edited by sbwtxj; 11-15-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #10
samhy
Wizard

Well there are a lot of explanations on how to put a font in an ebook with, say Calibre. I don't see what can be added by a Sony rep. Sony are not responsible of the ebooks put on a Sony device, but they are if the ebook comes from the Sony store. You see the difference?
Old 11-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
sbwtxj
Groupie

If SONY is such restrictions, I can only give up the equipment.
But SONY's customer service staff has always been not a positive answer, I think such a good product should be provided to where there is demand.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #12
samhy
Wizard

What answer given by Sony staff are you referring to?

From the links given by Rizla, how far did you go? Where did you get struck?
You need to give more details if you want our suggestions to be helpful.

So roll-up your sleeves and go and try by yourself.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #13
sbwtxj
Groupie

I have bought T3 from Japan.
But i don't know Japanese.So i want to change menu language to English.
No one can help me.

And i want to display simple chinese txt file,but it is not ok!!!!
I don't know why the international device is not running???
I have tossed about it for three weeks.

I give up this!!!!

Last edited by sbwtxj; 11-16-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
samhy
Wizard

Quote:
I have bought T3 from Japan.
But i don't know Japanese.So i want to change menu language to English.
No one can help me.
Seems like we tried to help you, but did you try to do it?

Quote:
And i want to display simple chinese txt file,but it is not ok!!!!
I don't know why the international device is not running???
I have tossed about it for three weeks.
Same thing, Rizla tried to help you.

Quote:
I give up this!!!!
For sure, that's the safest thing for you.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #15
sbwtxj
Groupie

Quote:
Seems like we tried to help you, but did you try to do it?

Same thing, Rizla tried to help you.

For sure, that's the safest thing for you.
Thanks samhy,

我需要sony的正式技术支持人员给我答复。我不是太理解你的答复。