Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
PapaQuebec
PapaQuebec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 4,Samsung Tab S,
Links to notes.

Hi all - first-time poster here!

I'm looking for some help in removing/disabling the notes (links to references at the end of chapters) that appear in many of my ebooks

I use Calibre to convert to .mobi for viewing on my Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 using Kindle for Android.

However when reading on a small screen - and therefore turning pages frequently - I often mistakenly touch one of these blue "links" and find myself whisked off to another part of the book.

I then have to spend ages plodding back thorough the book to find my place!

I've read the Calibre manual but cant find any way to disable these links, or remove them completely during conversion, and Kindle doesn't seem to have any way of being told to ignore them!

Any help much appreciated!!

Peter
PapaQuebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Just hit "Back" when you go to a footnote, to get back to the place you were. No need to page back. There's usually a left-arrow button or something that functions as a "Back" button in the apps.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
PapaQuebec
PapaQuebec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 4,Samsung Tab S,
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Just hit "Back" when you go to a footnote, to get back to the place you were. No need to page back. There's usually a left-arrow button or something that functions as a "Back" button in the apps.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Doesn't work though, the "back" button just takes me back to the Kindle "on device" screen!!
PapaQuebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Back on your device will likely be some sort of swipe, like a down to up swipe or an up to down swipe of a right to left swipe or something like that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote