Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Automatic cleaning by Sigil

Hi

I have been an occasional user of Sigil Linux for some time and have stuck to a portable 0.24 version which provides me what I need.

I had recently on the French forum to stand for Sigil which was accused by one Atlantis user of "destroying agressively files", causing "fatal errors" on a iPad, mishandling superscript tags and so on.... Of course, this was only talk, not ONE file was shown to prove it, but FUD is spreading this way. AFAIK, Atlantis produces html files only.

I think this may be related to a misunderstood behaviour of Sigil which use html Tidy to automatically correct unclean html files. For example, I know that italic, bold and superscript tags are being replaced by "span sgc" somethings.

Of course if they produced first clean xhtml files, they would experience no changes and there would be no misunderstanding. But as this will probably not happen this century, could you point on any information documenting the kind of automatic changes Sigil/Tidy provides ?

I've read you planned to add a ON/OFF switch button for Tidy. Which version of Sigil has it? Where can we download 0.4 beta?

Sorry for all these questions. I will translate your reply in French on the same forum.

Again thanks for Sigil.

Last edited by roger64; 03-17-2011 at 10:12 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post

I've read you planned to add a ON/OFF switch button for Tidy. Which version of Sigil has it? Where can we download 0.4 beta?

Sorry for all these questions. I will translate your reply in French on the same forum.

Again thanks for Sigil.
The current version (3.4) has the 'Tidy' switch'.
The Standard Version, download location is http://code.google.com/p/sigil/downloads/list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The current version (3.4) has the 'Tidy' switch'.
The Standard Version, download location is http://code.google.com/p/sigil/downloads/list
Thanks for your reply. I do not see the 0.4 beta there.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I do not see the 0.4 beta there.
The swithch is in the CURRENT VERSION, not beta version
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
roger64
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The swithch is in the CURRENT VERSION, not beta version
This I understood. As I change version every second year, I wanted to do a quantum leap forward

I had a look at the Tidy doc... Too technical for me... Frightening
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html

Last edited by roger64; 03-17-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The beta for 0.4 will be available between 2 weeks and 4 months I guess. Valloric takes his time, but delivers!
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #7
roger64
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
The beta for 0.4 will be available between 2 weeks and 4 months I guess. Valloric takes his time, but delivers!
Thanks. I had read an announce of it and had thought it was donwloadable. Summer is a perfect time for change though...

I made my point. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=82

I've never been annoyed by Tidy. But now, some poisoned tongues will have to just clean their own mess and forget to accuse Sigil of producing it. If only for this reason, this switch is very useful...

NB: About your signature, DRM is the visa thing?
Old 03-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
NB: About your signature, DRM is the visa thing?
No, DRM is an expired passport and no money to buy a new one...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote