Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
PDF + Graphs = MOBI + No Graphs + No Formatting?!

It seems that I cannot create an accurate MOBI from my PDF files because many of my ebooks have graphs in them and instead of taking the graph as an image, it takes the digits within the graph as text,

is there anyway of converting said graph automatically into an image so that the outputted MOBI file will correctly portray graphs?

When I download a sample of the same book from Amazon, the graphs are perfect and the formatting is elegant. It seems that the PDF converter just strips it of all its nice formatting into plain text and then if attaches any images it finds in their respective places.

Would a different file format be a wiser choice - DOC, HTML?
Note: I have been converting to MOBI from PDF with MobiPocket Creator, can someone suggest an alternative even shareware software that more accurate PDF files?

Last edited by SunLight; 09-27-2010 at 09:54 AM.
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote