Old 09-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
sync books and progress on android

well,
have a AINOL tablet and NOTE2 cellphone

run moon+ on both of them for reading books and sync books with dropsync from my dropbox

but i also want to sync progress... if i read page 5 on my note i can continue on the tablet after quick sync...

any option to do so?
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Moon+ Reader already has this ability built in. In the "Options" menu, choose "Miscellaneous". Down near the bottom of the "Miscellaneous" menu is an option to sync your reading position with either Dropbox or Google Drive.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
It does sync, but your tablet needs to be connected to wifi for it to save the position or pick up the new position. Your phone will sync to the last position when your tablet was connected. In other words, if you're reading on your tablet at the park or on an airplane, then want to continue on your phone, it won't sync to the same place.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Mantano has a built-in cloud service that can handle this. Costs extra.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
iakovl
Connoisseur

is it a "pro" option? or also in the free one?

another small thing
i have the epub file and also a jpg of the cover, any option to auto match them?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
The cloud service is for the Premium, Essential and Lite version of Mantano. I haven't actually used it. I only have the premium version, you have to check the free version yourself.

Regarding the cover and the epub, why not just set the cover to be the cover inside the epub, using calibre? I use calibre to normalize all my books, fix metadata, series information and cover and so on, before I send them to my device. From calibre you can also automatically download and fix metadata and covers to the books.

I find calibre to be an indispensable tool to handle my library of ebooks. There is a subforum for calibre on this site.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
iakovl
Connoisseur

most of the things i read are fanfic, updates all the time, not static files
Old 09-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl View Post
run moon+ on both of them for reading books and sync books with dropsync from my dropbox
As Moe the Cat stated syncing with Dropbox or with Google drive are options built into Moon+ Reader.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #9
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Might be worth giving Google Play books and Fabrik a try both sync positions I've actually been using them both and Mantano. I really didn't like Moon+ personally I had page turn and some other issues with it, it almost put me off ever reading on my tablet.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I really didn't like Moon+ personally I had page turn and some other issues with it, it almost put me off ever reading on my tablet.
Interesting how two folks have opposite experiences. Because of being able to control the brightness lower than the Nexus allowed at the time and because of the themes and font customizations available Moon+ was the reason I could move from my eink reader to a tablet.

Additionally I never have any hiccups with page turns or other features. However there are many control settings and it can be both confusing and sometimes even at odds with itself.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #11
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Interesting how two folks have opposite experiences. Because of being able to control the brightness lower than the Nexus allowed at the time and because of the themes and font customizations available Moon+ was the reason I could move from my eink reader to a tablet.

Additionally I never have any hiccups with page turns or other features. However there are many control settings and it can be both confusing and sometimes even at odds with itself.
No clue but I had issues where every few tries the pages went back instead of forward I found it pretty frustrating and almost gave up Android reading until I tried Mantano which was even better than the software on my Sony.

If you want to control brightness I'd recommend using Lux rather than being tied to certain apps it lets you lower the brightness beyond standard and if you can actually train it to the levels you like based on the ambient light.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
No clue but I had issues where every few tries the pages went back instead of forward I found it pretty frustrating and almost gave up Android reading until I tried Mantano which was even better than the software on my Sony.
I recall reading your posts, but I couldn't replicate it. I may have a setting unchecked that you had checked. ????

Quote:
If you want to control brightness I'd recommend using Lux rather than being tied to certain apps it lets you lower the brightness beyond standard and if you can actually train it to the levels you like based on the ambient light.
Thanks for the suggestion, but the auto brightness on the new Nexus works a lot better than the previous Nexus and I find it drops the back light down to acceptable levels for me.

Now if EA would just fix scrabble for the new Nexus I would be set.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl View Post
most of the things i read are fanfic, updates all the time, not static files
You should get Calibre and use the Fan Fic Downloader FFDL plugin that you can get to use with Calibre. I use it and it is great for getting updates.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
Teknikal
Fanatic

Just thought I'd warn people not to waste their time with Mantanos cloud servers while the app itself is brilliant and the best reader I've found I decided to try their ten day trial period one day later I've logged it off from the cloud again it was a terrible experience, Fabrik Pro's dropbox sync works far better and that doesn't cost you anything extra.

Basically since I logged both devices into it my phone was being constantly spammed with sync connection failed messages even without mantano open, my tablet was getting them too despite both having full good access to the internet, it was syncing the books occasionally fine but I'd say only about one in five attempts was ok.

Left a play review giving my disapproval it's a shame I really love the actual app but the cloud thing is truly terrible, I wish I could just hide all the cloud features on it.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Quote:
Just thought I'd warn people not to waste their time with Mantanos cloud servers while the app itself is brilliant and the best reader I've found I decided to try their ten day trial period one day later I've logged it off from the cloud again it was a terrible experience, Fabrik Pro's dropbox sync works far better and that doesn't cost you anything extra.

Basically since I logged both devices into it my phone was being constantly spammed with sync connection failed messages even without mantano open, my tablet was getting them too despite both having full good access to the internet, it was syncing the books occasionally fine but I'd say only about one in five attempts was ok.

Left a play review giving my disapproval it's a shame I really love the actual app but the cloud thing is truly terrible, I wish I could just hide all the cloud features on it.
Happy user of Mantano cloud for over a year, syncs books and reading positions nicely between 2 tablets.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote