Device: prs 600
onyx boox m92 ?????????

http://www.icarusreader.com/

this is onyx?
matulena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It looks like yes. The same setup of buttons and even firmware seems to be the same (very similar). M92 is white.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
mamid
mamid began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Booxtor's opinion on

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=166132&page=2

"Except of the logo there is no difference to original M92. Clear case of rebranding.

I think this offer just confuses customer

Black M92 is not slightly more expensive - M92 White is slightly cheaper now.
We have just a little reduced the price of M92 White (sale)

In any case we have a better offer

At the same time we got better conditions by DHL and could reduce shipping prices (30% less now) "
mamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Yes it is the Onyx M92 in black branded for that company
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
thorgal
thorgal began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3, Onyx M92
Does this mean that M92 is going to be an OEM reader like the Hanlin V3? That would be great as we would have several different firmwares to choose.
thorgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes..
Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
By the way, the ICARUS shop is obviously selling a whole bunch of replacement styli:

http://www.icarusreader.com/store/ac...t-stylus-wacom (small size as original stylus)
http://www.icarusreader.com/store/ac...d-stylus-wacom (normal size like the one in Booxtor's shop)
http://www.icarusreader.com/store/ac...l-stylus-wacom (normal size, professional form factor, exchangeable soft (!) tip)

ATTENTION: THOSE ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH Onyx Boox M92!! See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...15&postcount=9

They seem to be compatible with our Boox M92 (which is identical with ICARUS eXceL):
Quote:
Dear ********,

We have replacement styli for purchase in our online shop, you can find them
here: http://www.icarusreader.com/store/ac...t-stylus-wacom

Also we have other styli for sale, that are more professional (bigger in
size like normal ballpoint pen and with soft tip).

Kind regards,
Roberto

ICARUS

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: **********************
Verzonden: Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:07 PM
Aan: info@icarusreader.com
Onderwerp: Replacement stylus for ICARUS eXceL

Dear Sir or Madam,

Is there a replacement stylus available that is compatible with the ICARUS
eXceL?

Thanks in advance!

Yours

And most interestingly ICARUS is shipping the "Professional stylus" for FREE to Germany (since that's the country I come from, it's the only one, I could test by typing in my address on checkout), if you pay by PayPal. For the "normal sized" (the one in the middle), you pay 3.95 Euro, so that you get the same total as in Booxtor's shop in the end.

Last edited by tuxor; 03-15-2012 at 10:19 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #8
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorgal View Post
Does this mean that M92 is going to be an OEM reader like the Hanlin V3? That would be great as we would have several different firmwares to choose.
Yes, but the differences between firmware versions won't go any further than things like logos and screensavers. Onyx has been selling OEM readers for a couple of years now, but has always kept the development of firmware in their won hands.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
By the way, the ICARUS shop is obviously selling a whole bunch of replacement styli:

http://www.icarusreader.com/store/ac...t-stylus-wacom (small size as original stylus)
http://www.icarusreader.com/store/ac...d-stylus-wacom (normal size like the one in Booxtor's shop)
http://www.icarusreader.com/store/ac...l-stylus-wacom (normal size, professional form factor, exchangeable soft (!) tip)

They seem to be compatible with our Boox M92 (which is identical with ICARUS eXceL):

And most interestingly ICARUS is shipping the "Professional stylus" for FREE to Germany (since that's the country I come from, it's the only one, I could test by typing in my address on checkout), if you pay by PayPal. For the "normal sized" (the one in the middle), you pay 3.95 Euro, so that you get the same total as in Booxtor's shop in the end.
Hi - I've had a bit of doubt, since the one linked in the quoted email above looks exactly like the one shipped with my Iliad (incompatible to the M92).
But given that the FXGC-054-097-1A on ( http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/co...ucts/pens.html ) looks exactly the same, I decided to give it a try...

I've ordered the large one with the exchangeable tips, and it's not working... neither on my Iliad, nor on my M92.
While there's always the possibility that it is defective, I get a distinct feeling that the Hanvon pens are incompatible to the Wacom ones (reckoning the use of different frequencies).

Anyhow... the large one didn't work for me, and I'll have to return it.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
I'm really sorry it didn't work. The ICARUS service team definitely provided me with wrong information. In my opinion that's embarrassing since their product line is not that huge....

But however, thank you very much for your try! I will place a warning about that in my original post.

Last edited by tuxor; 03-15-2012 at 10:19 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
I'm really sorry it didn't work. The ICARUS service team definitely provided me with wrong information. In my opinion that's embarrassing since their product line is not that huge....

But however, thank you very much for your try! I will place a warning about that in my original post.
np - it was a calculated risk I took

And given that
- their online shop is still incomplete (lot of detail information descriptions missing, the 'shipping address' page is lacking a submit button, ...) -> seems a rather young shop
- their availability status for the Excel still is 'PRE-ORDER; ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE March 1st' -> they don't have their product yet
I assume they don't know their product yet either

I reckon that they simply assumed the sensor tablet to be similar to the other Onyx products.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
feeling that the Hanvon pens are incompatible to the Wacom ones (reckoning the use of different frequencies).

thats correct