Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 04:06 AM   #1
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
2010 Edinburgh Meet-Up on Saturday 21st August

The Edinburgh International Book Festival 2010 is getting under way. And, once again, it will be the venue for MobileRead's Edinburgh meet-up (now in its third year).

So if you're anywhere near the Scottish capital, head over here for another splendid afternoon of fun and e-literary chat.

Here are the details:

Date:
Saturday 21st August 2010

Time:
From 2.30 pm

Place:
At the Edinburgh International Book Festival venue in Charlotte Square, Edinburgh. We'll meet in the cafe in the Highland Spiegeltent, which is on your left as you come in through the main entrance.

How to recognise us:
Look for the A4 Mobile Read logo. Failing that, just look for a bunch of intelligent-looking people poring over various hand-held devices.

Other details:
At present, the plan is to meet over coffee or a beer, and then perhaps to visit the festival together, with the possibility of continuing into dinner
in the evening.

About the festival
The festival is one of the largest events of its kind in Europe. Its extensive book displays and exhibits are free and open to all, as are some of the events and entertainment (but most talks and presentations require a ticket). Even without our meet-up, it would be a great place to hang out (provided you like books).

The meet-up is only a few days away now, so do your best to get here. It promises to be another excellent afternoon.

(Photo (c) Kevin Rae (Creative Commons Licence))

Last edited by HarryT; 08-14-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Added photo
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #2
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Lovely shot of New Town..
Can anyone who's Scottish tell me: what happened to that series New Town? I seen the pilot..

Last edited by AprilHare; 08-15-2010 at 01:35 AM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 03:40 AM   #3
P.A.Woodburn
Enthusiast
P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: none
This is the first I've heard of this. It would be something I could go to if I had sufficient advance warning because my sister lives in Edinburgh. I live in US. It may have been due to my inattentiveness, but if not could you let us know about this earlier next year.

Thanks.
Ann
P.A.Woodburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Ann,

Sorry you didn't see our earlier announcement. I posted it on 17th July (see
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91058) but I can see it's easy to miss these things unless you are specifically looking out for it.

I've made a note to send you a PM in good time next year (if I'm still around).
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Wish I could be there. But I can't.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert