Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
hansvanderveeke
hansvanderveeke began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
Some questions

Hi!

I am new here. Just bought a Sony PRS-600 Touchscreen. Mainly because I like to go cycling for some weeks and the weight of books is too much of a burden.
I have been playing around with it a few days and I must say I like it very much.

First question
The device came with two sample sound files and 3 photo's. I connected the device to my pc and removed these from the USB drive that got connected.
But they are still showing on the reader. I have done a search on the filename in Windows but no luck.
How do I get rid of these files?

Second question
One of the usb devices you see when connecting the reader to the computer shows the apple and Windows install files.
Is there any way to remove these and get the space available for books?
It seems like a weird way to provide these files you only need once and are already superseeded by newer files on the net.

Thanks a lot!

Hans van der Veeke
hansvanderveeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
mokeiko
Enthusiast
mokeiko has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle DX | PRS-900 | PRS-950 | DPT-S1 | Kindle Oasis
Regarding the first question, when you delete the files, try emptying the trash on your PC before you disconnect your reader.

I can't answer about the second question, but I don't think the files are that large to be bothered by having them reside there.

good luck
mokeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
hansvanderveeke
hansvanderveeke began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
Thanks..

..for the suggestion. Emptying the trash can did the trick.
hansvanderveeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Hans. I'm afraid I can't help with the unanswered question, but I can say hello. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote