Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
mishka1999
mishka1999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
calibre will not connect to itunes

I had no problem when I first started using Calibre. I could connect to itunes and put books in my Kindle too. Today, I downloaded the newer version 0.8.32 and went to connect to itunes and it tells me this:

ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Can't get terminology for application (aem.Application(u'/Data File/Alex Backup/Applications (Mac OS 9)/iTunes/iTunes')): Command failed: Application isn't running. (-600)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 332, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/apple/driver.py", line 3088, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/apple/driver.py", line 2151, in _get_library_books
File "site-packages/appscript/reference.py", line 578, in __getattr__
File "site-packages/appscript/reference.py", line 260, in referencebyname
File "site-packages/appscript/reference.py", line 229, in connect
File "site-packages/appscript/terminology.py", line 171, in tablesforapp
File "site-packages/appscript/terminology.py", line 143, in aetesforapp
RuntimeError: Can't get terminology for application (aem.Application(u'/Data File/Alex Backup/Applications (Mac OS 9)/iTunes/iTunes')): Command failed: Application isn't running. (-600)

I am running OS 10.7.2. I did do a back up of my son's laptop (Alex) and he has songs in my itunes but my name appears in itunes when I open it and have no trouble synching my ipad/iphone. All my preferences both in itunes and in calibre are as indicated here.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.
mishka1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try launching iTunes before launching calibre.

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling iTunes.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 03:17 AM   #3
mishka1999

Thanks. Will try one or both. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:25 AM   #4
mishka1999

I tried the first but that didn't work. I haven't tried to re-install itunes....am afraid to. I have a tech guy that takes care of my imac and I'll ask him about this problem after the new year. I found that I can still install the books in itunes by downloading them from calibre to a folder and then dragging them to itunes. Not the preferred way but at least I can use that method until he figures it out. Thanks.