Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #136
Pope Viper
Pope Viper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Finally got this fixed. This error was appearing because I had PHP error reporting set to e_all.

I back it down to just fatal errors, and it went away.

I did poke around a bit, and found this on the smarty website:

Quote:
Q: PHP Error Reporting level is set to E_ALL and smarty throws "undefined index"-errors. What can I do?

A: If you're getting it in a section loop, and especially if smarty's returning a few empty loop products at the end of your loop, it's a bug. Work around it by including your section code in an {if} statement which checks that a value which should not be empty, really isn't empty.
Pope Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #137
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Glad you worked it out.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #138
Pope Viper

Me too, I was seriously pounding my head against a wall.

I'd like to thank you, Charles. I can now use this and tie it into my website/forum. Just have to modify the colors/etc.

You're a prince.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #139
Pope Viper

OK, stupid questions:

1) How do I change the background color of the main page?
2) Change colors of the font.

Obviously, I'm not an HTML guy.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:35 AM   #140
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All the presentation (color, layout, fonts, etc) are controlled by the smarty templates (smarty/templates/*.tpl). Change things there. For example, the "<div" on line 15 of header.tpl controls the font and color of the header block. Unfortunately, that does require html knowledge.

I didn't bother setting up a common .css for the templates, something that might have made this job easier. It isn't something I care about.
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #141
madifor
madifor began at the beginning.

I have an Windows 2003 system, with php 5.3.
All other sites configured (using mysql) working like a charm but i am not able to get the php-calibre operational.

I keep getting the following error message (turned e_all on under the php config):
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to open database: unable to open database file' in D:\....\db.php:160 Stack trace: #0 D:\....\db.php(160): SQLite3->__construct('t:\ebooks\Calib...', 1) #1 D:\....\db.php(195): MySQLite->open('t:\ebooks\Calib...') #2 D:\....\index.php(51): CalDatabase->__construct('t:\ebooks\Calib...') #3 {main} thrown in D:\....\db.php on line 160

I have started the sqlite3 executable on the web server.
A thing i don't understand why it tries to make an database file at the location where my ebooks are located (network share with write access).

Any help to get it running under iiS is appreciated.
madifor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:01 AM   #142
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madifor View Post
I have started the sqlite3 executable on the web server.
No executable is required, at least on any configuration that I have seen.
Quote:
A thing i don't understand why it tries to make an database file at the location where my ebooks are located (network share with write access).
The file metadata.db must exist in the folder containing calibre's library and must be readable. Otherwise it isn't a calibre library and the server cannot deal with it.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:17 AM   #143
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by madifor View Post
Any help to get it running under iiS is appreciated.
You might want to look at post 1 in this thread to see how chaley decided to implement the calibre content server in this environment then post 131 to find out where to get the latest files needed to implement calibre content server on your host system.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #144
edent
Enthusiast
edent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Likebook Ares, Kindle 3G, Nook STR, 511eb
No output from index.php

Hi,

Having a slight problem - when I access index.php I'm not getting any output, not even error messages.

I wonder if someone can tell me what incredibly simple thing I've done wrong?

Ubuntu Server, Apache/2.2.17, PHP Version 5.3.5-1ubuntu7.3, sqlite3, smarty 2.6.26-0.2ubuntu1, GD 2.0 - so I think that's everything I should need! I've restarted Apache.

config_local.php is
Code:
$config['library_dir'] = '/data/Dropbox/eBooks/Calibre Library';

$config['web_dir'] = '/data/www/calibre';

$config['smarty_web_dir'] = $config['web_dir'] . '/smarty';

$config['smarty_dir'] = '/data/www/calibre/.cache';

$config['smarty'] = '/usr/share/php/smarty/';
I've also tried
Code:
$config['library_dir'] = '/data/Dropbox/eBooks/Calibre\ Library';
But that doesn't make a difference.

Go on - what obvious thing have I overlooked?

T

Last edited by edent; 11-19-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added GD & Apache info
edent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #145
edent
Enthusiast
edent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

I've stuck a try...catch loop on
PHP Code:
try {

$db = new CalDatabase($config['library_dir']);
}
catch (
Exception $e) {

var_dump($e->getMessage());
    echo 
$config['library_dir'];

Which pumps out
Code:
"Unable to open database: unable to open database file" 
/data/Dropbox/eBooks/Calibre Library
There's certainly a metadata.db file in that directory.

I'm utterly stumped. Any help?
Old 11-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #146
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Check permissions. Normally the web server would not have permission to read Dropbox files.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #147
edent
Enthusiast

D'oh! That did the trick. Thanks!

Is there any way to get the size of a file out of the DB? So I can format it "MOBI 2.5MB" etc?

It doesn't seem to work when I change the DB query to
PHP Code:
$data $this->db->query(sprintf('SELECT format,name,size 
(and then loop through the array).

EDIT: the column name is "uncompressed_size" - using that works to get file size.

Love the server - is there a more formal way to contribute patches / bugs / change request?

Last edited by edent; 11-19-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:15 AM   #148
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edent View Post
Love the server - is there a more formal way to contribute patches / bugs / change request?
Nope. Never had any need for it.

This thread is a good place for bug reports and change requests. Patches can also go through here, either by including the entire files (I will do the diffs) or a 'patch'. If the volume gets high enough then I could probably set something up using launchpad & bzr, but it is hard to imagine the need given history.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #149
edent
Enthusiast

Show the size of the file

The attached patch shows the size of the file next to each filetype.

So, if you're on a limited bandwidth connection, you may choose the epub over the PDF etc.

Screenshot shows a demonstration using the free "Hacking The BBC" eBook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre size.png
Views:	263
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	79173  
Attached Files
File Type: txt books_section.patch.txt (1.2 KB, 248 views)
File Type: txt db_size.patch.txt (832 Bytes, 257 views)
Old 11-20-2011, 06:02 AM   #150
edent
Enthusiast

Escape Ampersands

Patches to modules and index.tpl - to ensure that all & are correctly escaped as &amp;
Attached Files
File Type: txt modules_ampersand.patch.txt (4.2 KB, 296 views)
File Type: txt index_ampersand.patch.txt (606 Bytes, 247 views)