Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 01:56 AM   #31
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
oh look! I'll refrain from saying anything, this troll is getting old and boring

try singing a new tune troll
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:58 AM   #32
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
I don't think 'better' is the right term, I think its just different from the Kindle version of lending.

In the Kindle you can share between any six devices registered to the same account, right? For a family all sharing a single Amazon account, that would be the best case. But the Kindle owner can meet new Kindle owner while sitting in Starbucks and lend him/her a book.

You could lend a perfect stranger Nook owner a book (except that it appears that would be spending your single 'lend' of that ebook). But it provides a capability Kindle doesn't while missing out on the family lending capability Kendle provides.
I think that is a good way to put it. I don't feel it's a feature of the B&N concept of lending is one-off, but if it works for someone, then hey, if we all wanted the same then there would be a single device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
but that would be Nookie on a first date!
Ya say that as if it's a BAD thing?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #33
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post

Ya say that as if it's a BAD thing?
well, ya know... if the foo s*its and all
Old 10-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #34
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
well, ya know... if the foo s*its and all
So do Pooh's sit in the woods? is that the idea?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #35
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

yep mostly