Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #106
IvMulder
IvMulder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wi-fi
How to start CR3 with Kite? Please, explain how to write shell script for this action.
IvMulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #107
uwndrd
uwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-books

Device: K3, K4, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvMulder View Post
How to start CR3 with Kite? Please, explain how to write shell script for this action.
copy the following code to a file (name it CoolReader3, for example, extension is not necessary) and copy the file to kite folder
Quote:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3 start
uwndrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #108
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Did anyone try Coolreader on Kindle4NT?

a friend said that whenever he tries to change font size, Kindle4NT restarts itself. Anyone with similar issue?

he used this version

EDIT: Mike76 also reported a similar problem

Last edited by thomass; 02-10-2012 at 04:34 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #109
fer1803
Enthusiast
fer1803 began at the beginning.

Device: none
sorry, but another version for K4???

i have a problem with chapters and TOC...i cant see it
fer1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #110
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer1803 View Post
sorry, but another version for K4???
Actually the same version with seaniko7's method of installation. (post#91)
Old 02-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #111
VladKi
VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
DemonKyo, thank you for German localization of CoolReader3
Here is German localization CR3 file
VladKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #112
DemonKyo
DemonKyo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4NT
No problem Thank you for doing this project at all

Are there any other nice programs to use with Kindle4nt after jailbreak?
DemonKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #113
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwndrd View Post
copy the following code to a file (name it CoolReader3, for example, extension is not necessary) and copy the file to kite folder
I am sorry. I must be doing something wrong. Have installed kite by the book, and rebooted the machine. The "pdf" entry with CoolReader3 is in, but when running it I get a screen blink and nothing happens. The same result I get with the other entry, on USBNetwork.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #114
thomass
Wizard

if you didn't yet, try launchpad

Last edited by thomass; 02-15-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #115
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
if you didn't yet, try launchpad
Yes. Launchpad works brilliantly. All is OK. I have to confess though I like the idea of Kite better. My question is academic: if other people got it right, I must be doing something wrong. And there is not much to do.

Later edit: the kite scripts have to be ASCII files with Unix EOL, not with Windows EOL. It took me some time to think at this.

Last edited by hfpop; 02-15-2012 at 11:52 AM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #116
kiri87
kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 3
The development of this tool is greatly appreciated. I personally enjoy the fact that I can hide the page header so that the page appears fullscreen.
kiri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:56 AM   #117
hszforu
hszforu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
i have kindle4nt , i installed it correctly.
But whenever i try to change the font size, my kindle restarts.How should i fix this?
hszforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #118
thomass
Wizard

could be a soln for another problem on K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
Thanks a lot! I've succesfully installed CoolReader on my K4NT. It works fine, but a little bit unstable yet, sometimes it shows an error message and restarts the Kindle. I hope it will be fixed in next versions.
The CoolReader must be started in background.
Edit goqt.sh. It is located in cr3 directory.
Change ./"$1" -qws to ./"$1" -qws &
Works well with cr3runner v1.8.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #119
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
CoolReader installed on my Kindle 4NT.
The impression is good, but unfortunately it is very unstable and reboots the system occur.
Hopefully in the future we can enjoy a more stable version.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #120
Heiner
Heiner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Question How do I start cr on Kindle 4 (no keyboard)?

Hi,

I'm new here, and first of all I would like to thank you all for your efforts bringing cr to the Kindle!

I want to try cr on my Kindle 4 (no touch, no keyboard), and I found a lot of instructions to do this. But unfortunately I haven't found any advice yet how to start cr on my device. Will I have to enter any hotkeys on the virtual keyboard? Or will there be any additional menu entries after installation?

Thanks
Heiner

Last edited by Heiner; 04-18-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote