Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Herbert Wimberge
Herbert Wimberge began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco
Question load from adobe de

i loaded book in acsm format to Adobe reader (de 1.7.2). Can not transfer the book to Calibre- I can transfer from Adobe to Calibre though. please help.
Herbert Wimberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
xxx.acsm is not a book format. It is a file for ADE what includes an URL for downloading a book from your eBook dealer. You need to place this file in ADE. ADE then opens the file and downloads the book. After this the book is visible in ADE.
Take care that you have first register ADE with your Adobe-ID and authorize your PC as device.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Herbert Wimberge

Thanks, yes, I downloaded the book in ADE, and can open it there. How can I get it into my Calibre library? I can move an .epub book from the Calilbre library into ADE, what about the reverse? Thanks, Herbert
Old 01-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can copy and paste the Epub file into Calibre. Calibre does not support DRM. You can store it in the library, move it to the reader but you can´t modify or read it in Calibre. You can import every eBook what is supported from ADE into the ADE library (copy & paste, drag & drop, import - whatever you prefer). But why do you want to handle and synchronize 2 libraries? After you had bought and import a DRM-eBook with ADE make a copy into your Calibre (main library) and work from there.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
As Divingduck said, Calibre can manage DRM-ridden ebooks for you - just add them as you would any ebook file. There are also 3rd party plugins for Calibre that strip the DRM during import. You then have a DRM-free version in Calibre. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for more info on DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
Herbert Wimberge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
You can copy and paste the Epub file into Calibre. Calibre does not support DRM. You can store it in the library, move it to the reader but you can´t modify or read it in Calibre. You can import every eBook what is supported from ADE into the ADE library (copy & paste, drag & drop, import - whatever you prefer). But why do you want to handle and synchronize 2 libraries? After you had bought and import a DRM-eBook with ADE make a copy into your Calibre (main library) and work from there.
Divingduck- thanks, but i am still stuck- i tried copy-paste, import anddrag- always get message that .acsm cant be imported into the calibre library. Tried to change file extension from .acsm to .epub, does not work either. How can I get the book from my ADE library (authorized and all) into the Calibre library. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
Divingduck
Wizard

You can´t do that with an .acsm file. It's only a download link. You need first to download the book with that link within ADE. Once the book is downloaded you can copy it from ADE into Calibre with copy and paste or go direct to the .epub file and copy and paste it into the library of Calibre.
You need to copy the *.epub file and not the .acsm file.