Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
RedNara
RedNara began at the beginning.

Device: none
Got a Kindle! [Need HELP picking a case!]

Yay! I just got a 3g Kindle with 3 year accidental plan. Now I need help picking a case for my device. The selection at Best Buy didn't seem that great... It had the original Kindle case; however, was not sure how good that case is.

Best Buy also had a few other m-edge case; however, I didn't like the colors.

Can you guys recommend me a few cases? Also I am planning on taking my ebook reader to the gym. So I don't want something that is too bulky, but at the same time not too flimsy.
RedNara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:02 AM   #2
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
I have mine in a M-Edge Latitude jacket, and i love it. It is protected really well, i can just put it in my handbag, also not bulky to handle.

Link is HERE
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I give up. can we have an accessories sticky back?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 AM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I give up. can we have an accessories sticky back?
Yes please, I wouldn't want to say over and over again (like a broken record) that I have, same as KindleKitten, Oak Iris , WT, Bjones and many more, a beautiful sturdy Oberoncover.

Last edited by desertblues; 12-08-2010 at 07:29 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Just pick one. It's not like you're locked in for life if you don't like it.
I got the standard case for my Kindle 2, and to be perfectly honest, I've never thought about it or even really noticed it since.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
TSV
TSV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Here is an amazing cover, compact, very durable and inexpensive:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Aluminum-Met...item255f7d9e27
TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #7
Lynn in Ohio
Lynn in Ohio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I bought one on ebay for 6.50 shipped and it does the job as well as any.
Lynn in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I like the one made by mCover. It was only $10!
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV View Post
Here is an amazing cover, compact, very durable and inexpensive:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Aluminum-Met...item255f7d9e27
Do you actually have that cover? Does it work like a book stand as they show in the picture? Is the angle adjustable? Or does the front cover just swing all the way around the back and not allow it to stand up?
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #10
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
I have a lighted Kindle case (gift for my daughter), a Marware eco-flip, and a JAVOedge book style case... all waiting for an upcoming birthday and Christmas so that I can see how they work with the Kindle 3 (also waiting on the above special days)!

(I meant to order the JAVOedge mimo flip, but accidentally ordered the book style case. Oh well, will be interesting to see how that compares to the Marware flip).
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
TSV
TSV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
No, I just ordered this cover today.
This cover has a five-way angle control (see photo)
TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV View Post
No, I just ordered this cover today.
This cover has a five-way angle control (see photo)
welcome to the forums TSV!

ps... no picture
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #13
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I think TSV means the pictures lower down on the ebay site - I had not noticed them initially. I guess there's the little flange and it would fit into the slots shown on another picture. What's unclear is what the rear of the case is made of or looks like? There's one picture with kind of black (partial covering) and speaker ports but another showing all aluminum back and speaker ports??

The price seems almost reasonable and it would be a good case for taking the kindle on hikes and protecting it in packs.

edited to add: I am having a bit of trouble at lunch hour using the Amazon case. It is either too flat on a table or too upright for good reading. I keep trying to find something to prop it up at a proper angle.

Last edited by FF2; 12-08-2010 at 12:42 PM.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #14
leroytwohawks
leroytwohawks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
What's unclear is what the rear of the case is made of or looks like? There's one picture with kind of black (partial covering) and speaker ports but another showing all aluminum back and speaker ports?
The picture with the black in it is just showing the cushion liner in the case with out a kindle in it.
leroytwohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi RedNara! I recommend building your own case--it's easy, it's cheap, and you can customize it to suit your interests. I built the one in the photos recently and it cost me about $10 (estimating upwards). An old Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew book would work perfectly also.

Future plans: to build one w/ a built-in book light...

Have fun w/ the Kindle!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1117100837.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	62502   Click image for larger version

Name:	1117100839.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	62503   Click image for larger version

Name:	1117100839a.jpg