Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
MobileMe iDisk App Updated

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobil...20654497?mt=8#

Quote:
Designed for both iPhone and iPad
Multitasking support for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (iOS 4 required).
Quickly switch to another app and back to iDisk
Play audio from your iDisk while using another app
When app is opened, the last file or directory viewed is displayed
Option to open iDisk documents in compatible apps such as iBooks
When sharing a file, an email can be sent from any configured email account
The URL for a shared file can be copied and pasted
Various stability improvements
Wish they would just buy Dropbox
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
i don't think apple needs to buy dropbox, but would be nice if they charged a reasonable rate for their services, or made their services worth their high cost.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
i don't think apple needs to buy dropbox, but would be nice if they charged a reasonable rate for their services, or made their services worth their high cost.
Agreed, although Find my iPhone/iPad may be worth the cost. I'm forever trying to hunt my phone down when I've left it in another room and it's usually on vibrate, so just calling it isn't always effective. Just tested the "play a sound" feature and holy crap, but that ping is pretty piercing.

Typically, MM is available on Amazon for about $30 less than through Apple, and it's even less if you can find a reputable eBay seller. (As always, Amazon's prices fluctuate daily, so it's worth watch for the price you want.) My husband's used it for years. I'm just starting the 60 day free trial, since one of my most used programs, Notebooks, has built in sync with MM. Not sure if I'll keep it yet, just depends on how much value I think I'm getting from it.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
hpgoof
hpgoof began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Hi VictoriaP, does MobileMe on the iPad now let you open epub files in iBooks? The blurb on the app uses iBooks as an example, but that could just mean pdf files. I'd sign up for MM in a heartbeat if I could use it to add ebooks to iBooks without physically syncing.
hpgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpgoof View Post
Hi VictoriaP, does MobileMe on the iPad now let you open epub files in iBooks? The blurb on the app uses iBooks as an example, but that could just mean pdf files. I'd sign up for MM in a heartbeat if I could use it to add ebooks to iBooks without physically syncing.
Looks like PDFs only for iBooks. I get a file unsupported error with ePub.
(Can open PDFs with iBooks, Goodreader, Stanza or Cloudreader though)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #6
hpgoof
hpgoof began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks for checking. That's too bad. :-( It's the little things that make iBooks so good, otherwise I'd just use stanza - slicker annotations, bookmarking, search, rendering chapter headings & images, the bookshelf look. But for actually adding and organizing content, stanza is amazing.

It's a race to see which will happen first:

1. iBooks adds wifi book addition & collection/playlist management
2. Stanza cleans up its rendering & UI
hpgoof is offline   Reply With Quote