Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #21736
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
WT: keep a jar and put the money you would spend on smokes in it. Each month use that money for something special. If you slip, donate it to a charity that you like.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #21737
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
WT: keep a jar and put the money you would spend on smokes in it. Each month use that money for something special. If you slip, donate it to a charity that you like.
ProfCrash... please forgive me, and no disrespect intended, but ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!!
Nice... Certainly charitable... but works at cross purposes to success.

Even 'thinking' the word 'if' presupposes that he might not succeed. And that simply is NOT an option! We need a 100% positive mental attitude to be successful at anything. Otherwise we'd better be darn lucky! Planing for failure is might be comforting when someone fails, but puts mental energy in the wrong direction.

Personally, I'd rather be an optimist who is sometimes wrong, than a pessimist who is always right. Now, I realize that I'm so optimistic I believe yesterday can get better, but when it comes to succeeding... I do.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #21738
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I will never understand the mentality of someone who simply can't get through a holiday without purposefully starting a fight ... or saying something that they know will upset someone else .... kind of takes the glitter off the good times ....
end of rant .... sigh ....

oh well ... at least the cats had a good time ....
sigh, as well......for some people Christmas is a difficult time and they tend to be unsettled, emotional and downright nasty.....without thinking of the impression this makes on other persons. (this is the Christmas-spirit view )

Polly, my cat, loves Christmas ....she thinks the Christmas tree has been put up for her especially : to have a workout with the decorations, have a taste of the chocolats which are hanging very low (note to my-self...hang them higher) and have a wonderful large bowl with water at the bottom of the tree. Couldn't be better for her.

Last edited by desertblues; 12-26-2012 at 12:37 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #21739
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Well ... I got home from work today

The good news - I got the software update loaded before the storms hit!

The bad news - the washing machine is broken - just finished bailing out a full tub of water. Appears the lid switch is broken - it fills but won't run - and there's no "click" when you push down on the switch. Oh well ... there goes the Christmas bonus check ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #21740
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

The bad news - the washing machine is broken - just finished bailing out a full tub of water. Appears the lid switch is broken - it fills but won't run - and there's no "click" when you push down on the switch. Oh well ... there goes the Christmas bonus check ....
Hardwire it!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #21741
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well... you have a large pot of water... Maybe time for some chicken soup?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #21742
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Well... you have a large pot of water... Maybe time for some chicken soup?
If my back wasn't hurting now, I'd throw the water on you!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #21743
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
The fridge is still working doesn't it?
Make ice cubes and use a slingshot
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #21744
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
The fridge is still working doesn't it?
Make ice cubes and use a slingshot
Oh - great idea! Off to make more cubes! Hehehehehe
Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #21745
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
DIY Washing Machine Repair

Quote:

I had that problem, too. I managed to take the top off and find the switch. It had come loose from its mounting once before; the tech idiot had taped it in place with plastic electrical tape, which eventually stretched, releasing the switch once again. So I dug out my nylon tie-wraps to fasten it back, and I haven't had any problems since.
The hardest part was working in a room not much larger than the washer and dryer.
Be brave, and don't forget to unplug the washer.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #21746
Desertranger
Master dog trainer.
Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle DX
Kindle DX problems, it won' load books. Computer problems, The server won't boot without a hardwired network and I have to buy a new router. No one in this town really knows anything about wifi despite we all live with it. The place I'm at still uses 802.11(b) Can't even watch a movie. unless it's on the hard disk.

I use Macs, Windows and Linux and of Mac Windows and Linux every OS sucks.
Desertranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #21747
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
Penguin books and Overdrive library

I have been patiently waiting for a title to show up in our local overdrive library and it only now dawned on me that Penguin no longer participates in overdrive. That is all...
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #21748
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Send in the killer whales!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #21749
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Somewhat miffed that I've stayed home all day because according to UPS my Kindle should be delivered by the end of the day today. Officially they still have over an hour but I don't expect them to be still working this late on New Year's Eve. Also, the status hasn't been updated in 21 hours, when it left the US. I expect my package is sitting in some airport hangar, waiting to be processed by customs. Hopefully it'll get here on Wednesday. Still it isn't late, Amazon still says it'll arrive on the 2nd on their website and their Android app even says it'll be here on the 3rd.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #21750
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is it actually out for delivery, or is it 'stuck in customs' like in Canada?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness