Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #31
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
You're all very welcome!

For horror fans looking for ideas: With the other coupons I got a couple of Graham Masterton and I'm trying out some from my wishlist. Haven't read them yet so I don't know if they are any good.

Conrad Williams

Decay Inevitable

Quote:
Product Description
Sean Redman is a failed policeman who cannot escape the job. Will Lacey is a husband who witnesses the birth of a monster. Cheke is a killing machine programmed to erase every trace of an experiment gone horribly wrong... These strands all come together in this dark and visceral fantasy. Decay Inevitable charts the badlands of horrifying dreams and demons, where a black market in unspeakable goods is discovered. A race is on to unearth the secrets of the soul... secrets woven into the fabric of death itself.

About the Author
Conrad Williams was born in Cheshire in 1969. He is the author of three novels, four novellas and a collection of his best short fiction. His most recent book, THE UNBLEMISHED, won the international Horror Guild Award for Best Novel. He is also a past recipient of the British Fantasy Award and the Littlewood Arc Prize.
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Decay...3ydlubrx6Q&r=3

He has some other books there also.

Phil Rickman

Curfew

Quote:
Every night for 400 years, a curfew bell has tolled from the church tower of Crybbe. Tradition is very important in this quiet, sombre town... It's something an outsider wouldn't understand. But is it merely superstitious ritual, or is it the sole defense against an ancient evil?
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Curfe...4rg/page1.html

For Ramsey Campbell fans, Charles L. Grant is supposed to have a similar style. He has a series of books based in a town called Oxrun, and the first one is available at Kobo.

The Hour of the Oxrun Dead

Quote:
Product Description

The Hour of the Oxrun Dead was a breakthrough novel for Charles L. Grant. It was the first of many books dealing with Oxrun Station, his invented, cursed locale that is probably only surpassed by Lovecraft’s Arkham and King’s Castle Rock in the minds of horror fans. First appearing in 1977, it helped usher in the golden age of horror fiction in the 1980s. Character-driven and emotionally wrenching, The Hour of the Oxrun Dead’s subtlety stands in sharp contrast to the “gore galore” style that would come to dominate horror fiction.
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-H...9DA/page1.html
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #32
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Are you guys aware of the other thread on Kobo? welcome10us gives $10 off a book over that price--that's ten dollars, not ten percent. I just used it to get Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho for nine cents.

I'm guessing that welcome10ca will work as well, but haven't tried that--my credit card company fraud unit has already called me about all the tiny charges!

P.S. In the other thread they say welcome5us and welcome5ca are both good for $5 off.
Wow, Thanks!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #33
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Are you guys aware of the other thread on Kobo? welcome10us gives $10 off a book over that price--that's ten dollars, not ten percent. I just used it to get Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho for nine cents.

I'm guessing that welcome10ca will work as well, but haven't tried that--my credit card company fraud unit has already called me about all the tiny charges!

P.S. In the other thread they say welcome5us and welcome5ca are both good for $5 off.
Hrm. This helped me make up my mind: I am purchasing a 10 dollar GC. If Kobo continue like this I'll get a lot of books for those 10 dollars. ( I have saved 40 dollar so far )
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, given that they cannot be used on the high-priced price fix six eBooks, I think Kobo has little to worry about.
Well, if you are a poor Spanish girl who suffers geographical restrictions, you can (boys too )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #35
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Well, if you are a poor Spanish girl who suffers geographical restrictions, you can (boys too )
Swedish girls (and boys) can use them on Agency books too. .

Last edited by mikaelalind; 04-20-2012 at 04:24 PM.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #36
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
oh man, I was sqeeing over the 75% ones - now I got two 90's.

thank you very much!
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #37
vykim
vykim began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hello all. Long-time lurker, first time posting to note that a lot of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books are available from a non-Agency publisher (Transworld Digital). I just picked up a couple for $1.03 each and a couple of $0.29 each thanks to y'all.
vykim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #38
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Now I've ordered a couple of cookbooks by Isa Chandra Moskowitz: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes That Rule (69 cents after $10-off coupon) and, just to balance things out, Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes ($3.09 after 75% off coupon).
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #39
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Great deal but the frustration is why I don't buy from Kobo EVER! Tried to enter my billing address 4 times to use the PayPal option. It keeps coming back as error on billing address. I think I know my address! So frustrating. Yeah, you can get 90% off if you are willing to pull your hair out!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #40
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Sorry to hear about your troubles chilady1. Perhaps if you tried a credit card? I've bought about 50 books from Kobo and never had an issue with purchasing.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #41
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Great deal but the frustration is why I don't buy from Kobo EVER! Tried to enter my billing address 4 times to use the PayPal option. It keeps coming back as error on billing address. I think I know my address! So frustrating. Yeah, you can get 90% off if you are willing to pull your hair out!
Well, if you want my advice .....
if you are going to pay via Paypal there won't be an address check anyway. Just find a working address and go with it.

I've actually had a couple of people recently tell me they've had a very hard time setting up a Kobo account.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #42
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
By chance, do you have any hyphens in the numbers in your address, or punctuation? I have a problem at some sites for those reasons.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #43
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post

I might try for the other codes, but it's hard figuring out what to get. A good portion of my current wishlist is made up of Agency books (which will not be bought anytime soon), and Kobo has very few of the non-Agency ones.

Now, what can top this for a great start to the weekend? Maybe cupcakes?
It's funny that people would say this-I have bought about 50 books from Kobo and I've never even encountered an agency book! I was beginning to think that Kobo was somehow exempt from the whole agency pricing. I know I've tried using codes on Sony's service and was never able to find a book because everything I've tried was not applicable to to agency pricing.
I'm not buying no-name books either-I generally browse through the list of NYT bestsellers to see if there's anything interesting. Weird.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #44
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
For the romance fans, there's a Mary Jo Putney bundle that's eligible for the discount (final cost $1.01 I believe).

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Mary-...Z_Q/page1.html
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #45
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
Thanks, for the very nice codes. Get the two patrick rothfuss books. Will read them sometimes and I did have them on my imagenery wishlist.
Uh, TBR are getting higher and higher, maybe the weekend can have more than 2 x 24 h?
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote