Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Bad Karma, A Hard Boiled Crime Novel

Hi all, here is my first book... it's enrolled in e-book week, 100% off at Smashwords this week!

Synopsis:

In the tradition of Richard Stark's Parker, Pat Crudden's Adrian Delaney makes his debut in Bad Karma, a crime noir novel about very bad men doing very bad things. Murder, drugs and betrayal abound as Adrian stops at nothing to achieve his objective: steal a priceless Celtic cross located in Belfast, Ireland for his employer, crime boss Paul Grayson. Grayson heads up Springwater Consultants, a robbery-on-demand outfit based in Odessa... and he does not tolerate failure. Unfortunately, Adrian's crew members have different ideas about the cross, and they set about hijacking the heist. As the bullets fly and the body count grows, Adrian discovers that he has only one choice if he is to get out of Ireland alive: kill everyone.

Smashwords:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/126153

Amazon US:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007A3RH4C

Amazon UK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007A3RH4C

Barnes & Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/pat-...en&store=ebook

Diesel:
http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/item/SW...d-Karma/1.html
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Thanks Pat! Next on my TBR list.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks Pat! Next on my TBR list.
thank you Orlok, I hope you like it!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Thanks again Pat. Really enjoyed the book, a solid 4 star read.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks again Pat. Really enjoyed the book, a solid 4 star read.
really glad you enjoyed it Orlok!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
russianfiction
Expert
russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
What a great book! I rate it 4 BIG STARS!!!! Keep up with great writing!
russianfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianfiction View Post
What a great book! I rate it 4 BIG STARS!!!! Keep up with great writing!
thanks for the kudos, i appreciate it!

by the way i'm working on a book about an art heist at the winter palace in sankt petersburg, one of my favorite towns in the world
Old 03-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I read this and enjoyed it - up to a certain extent.

I think you have a real flair for writing, what I consider to be a real talent.

The issues that took away from my enjoyment are huge and not easily fixable, except for a revisioning of the work (which you, understandably, may not wish to do, since you feel it is a finished work).

1) The hopping/time jumps were jarring. (Organizational issues.)

2) The delineation of time (hours/minutes) simply got in the way of the story, and seemed unnecessarily cumbersome.

My reactions may differ from other Readers' reactions; however, these are my reactions on a story that had some wonderful writing in it.

Thank you,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I read this and enjoyed it - up to a certain extent.

I think you have a real flair for writing, what I consider to be a real talent.

The issues that took away from my enjoyment are huge and not easily fixable, except for a revisioning of the work (which you, understandably, may not wish to do, since you feel it is a finished work).

1) The hopping/time jumps were jarring. (Organizational issues.)

2) The delineation of time (hours/minutes) simply got in the way of the story, and seemed unnecessarily cumbersome.

My reactions may differ from other Readers' reactions; however, these are my reactions on a story that had some wonderful writing in it.

Thank you,
Don

Thanks for the compliment Don! And I appreciate the critique... my next book doesnt have any jumping around. I originally wrote this one with a straight-ahead timeline but i felt it took too long to get to the action, so i dropped the first part back.

Thanks again for reading it!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist

Hi all, this book is free until July 31!

link:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/128095

coupon code:

SSWIN

my first book, it's pretty dark but a good read!