Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 04-21-2007, 01:21 AM   #76
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik
It would be nice to have an option to select a range of pages to be converted, instead of the whole document. I got some very long pdf books (almost one thousand pages each) and conversion takes too long. I know, I could use Adobe products to obtain smaller documents (book chapters or sections), but a feature that you could use to specify a page range would be great.
That's already present in the new release which I'll be releasing in a day or two along with a bunch of other things
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #77
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
great
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #78
Arcee
Arcee began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise ETI-2
On OS X I get an error installing PIL

I seem not to be able to install the python imaging library. I think it can't find SDK? ... This is starting to not make sense to me.

Can someone look at the output file and see what I can do to get this installer to work?

btw... this is PIL 1.1.6 and Python version is 2.5.1

Yes and thank you Ashkulz for you work on this, I can't wait to get it working.
Attached Files
File Type: txt imaging_inst_error.txt (2.0 KB, 942 views)

Last edited by Arcee; 04-25-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: add file
Arcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #79
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcee
I seem not to be able to install the python imaging library. I think it can't find SDK? ... This is starting to not make sense to me.
I looked at the log, and it looks like you don't have the proper Apple Developer Tools installed. Please try to (re)install that and try again.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:05 AM   #80
ashkulz
Addict

PDFRead 1.6 has been released. It has all the features which have been requested here, plus quite a bit more. Please see the linked thread for details
Advert
Old 04-27-2007, 02:25 AM   #81
romsempire
romsempire began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Little bugs

Thx for your fantastic tool.
According to me, there are two little bugs in versione 1.6:
1) when I make an ebook the generated file hasn't extension.
for example

lrf for prs500
imp for Reb1150, etc.

2) I have tried to make an ebook in eb1150 profile. the ebook is created but eBookwise Librarian recognize it like REB1200/GEB2150, so I cannot see this ebook in reb1150 bookshelf.
romsempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:57 AM   #82
ashkulz
Addict

Quote:
when I make an ebook the generated file hasn't extension.
for example
lrf for prs500
imp for Reb1150, etc.
This has already been implemented in subversion yesterday, should be part of next release.
Quote:
I have tried to make an ebook in eb1150 profile. the ebook is created but eBookwise Librarian recognize it like REB1200/GEB2150, so I cannot see this ebook in reb1150 bookshelf.
Hmm, that's weird. Can you attach a copy of the input and output documents and/or screenshots of the process?
Old 04-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #83
romsempire
romsempire began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Re

Hi, I have converted the first 10 pages of a pdf files.
The problem happen with every pdf file.

I haven't attachted input fiule because is too large
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	application.jpg
Views:	1411
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	3318   Click image for larger version

Name:	ebook librarian.jpg
Views:	1390
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	3319  
Attached Files
File Type: zip sample output file.zip (308.5 KB, 1313 views)
romsempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #84
ashkulz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by romsempire
Hi, I have converted the first 10 pages of a pdf files.
The problem happen with every pdf file.

I haven't attachted input fiule because is too large
Now, that is really wierd. It works quite well for me, and quite a few other people. Can you try the following:
  1. Try with PDFRead 1.7 instead of the 1.6 you have right now.
  2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest eBook Publisher.
  3. Try running on a computer with the English windows version, instead of italian.

This one really has me stumped.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #85
davidw89
Connoisseur
davidw89 began at the beginning.

Device: none atm
What are the settings to get a full portrait mode for prs-505?
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #86
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw89 View Post
What are the settings to get a full portrait mode for prs-505?
The profile settings for the prs-505 are listed in the most recent thread for PDFRead version 1.8 here.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:53 AM   #87
wizard327
wizard327 began at the beginning.

Device: EBW1150, Kaiser,Iphone,CybookGen3
I tried PDFRead to convert some of my pdf files to imp2 format. Unfortunately, I have to use the landscape mode just to be able to read it on my EBW1150. I always prefer the portrait mode but the result is hardly readable. Even on landscape mode, sometimes the text cannot be read. I also noticed that using PDFRead, the file is bloated to several megabytes. I tried experimenting using Mobipocket Creator. I first convert my pdf files ( with images) to mobipocket format ( prc) using Creator then use Mobi2IMP to convert to imp. The result is outstanding ( for me at least). Not only can I read in portrait mode but the final file is a just a few megabytes.
wizard327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #88
dbh1960
dbh1960 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard327 View Post
I tried PDFRead to convert some of my pdf files to imp2 format. Unfortunately, I have to use the landscape mode just to be able to read it on my EBW1150. I always prefer the portrait mode but the result is hardly readable. Even on landscape mode, sometimes the text cannot be read. I also noticed that using PDFRead, the file is bloated to several megabytes. I tried experimenting using Mobipocket Creator. I first convert my pdf files ( with images) to mobipocket format ( prc) using Creator then use Mobi2IMP to convert to imp. The result is outstanding ( for me at least). Not only can I read in portrait mode but the final file is a just a few megabytes.
Thank you for posting this. It helped me tremendously!
dbh1960 is offline   Reply With Quote