Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #76
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Tim helps me with laundry each weekend. He hands me the hangers and I put the clothes on them. We always get a chuckle from this very old (but well made) set of pants hangers with a nice golden label that reads "Made in Yugoslavia." Didja ever see that Simpsons where Homer is buying a car, and he is test driving a car with a house fly for a hood ornament. It's "made in a country that no longer exists." To go forward, the dealer yells "Put it in H!"

Yugos. The Cold War's last attempt at crushing capitalism.
I'll have to look up that episode of the Simpsons.. heh...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #77
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Think of Dr. Who. There is no life outside the UK as far as Dr. Who goes. Same difference really.
I am not sure I would go quite that far. One episode of the new series (first season) was set in the United States (Dalek). And occasionally the original Doctor Who had characters and Earth locations that were not UK.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #78
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i completely agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I have to say, I prefer Spock and the Vulcans in general as they were protrayed in the original series and the movies. Tuvok and T'pol always acted like they had a chip on their shoulder; Tuvok's annoyance with Neelix was often so obvious it made the notion that he was in control of his emotions laughable.

--
Bill
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #79
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Have to say that when I think of Vulcan, Spock's the first (and usually the only one) that comes to mind, despite the eye candy some of the female character's provided.

I really came to appreciate the character more when I read some of the Novels, especially Spock's World, Ishmael, etc when I got a lot of the background flavour to the characters and the Vulcan Race as a whole.

Having said that I have to admit that TOS was the only series I watched regularly when I was rebroadcast on TV, and while I enjoyed a few episode from the other series such as NG, DS9, Voy I never loved the series or more likely the tone the entire universe had taken as a whole.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:01 AM   #80
reso
reso began at the beginning.

Device: none
the hot vulcan chick from enterprise of course
reso is offline   Reply With Quote