Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #166
Qwentor
Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
How to search in document? Has KOReeader got this function?
Can I input the page number and go to it or KOReeader has no this function too?
Qwentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #167
woel
woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi everyone,
first I must say I love the app. But there are two things I miss: landscape mode and the something like the "contrast" setting in the native PDF reader (I have a Kindle Paperwhite). If these are added, I would definitely switch to koreader. I use the nightly from May 8, by the way.

EDIT: Also, how do you get the reflow feature everyone posts about? I can't find it.

Last edited by woel; 05-20-2013 at 10:11 AM.
woel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #168
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by woel View Post
Hi everyone,
first I must say I love the app. But there are two things I miss: landscape mode and the something like the "contrast" setting in the native PDF reader (I have a Kindle Paperwhite). If these are added, I would definitely switch to koreader. I use the nightly from May 8, by the way.

EDIT: Also, how do you get the reflow feature everyone posts about? I can't find it.
all of these are on the bottom settings menu. (bottom edge of the screen does the trick )
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #169
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwentor View Post
How to search in document? Has KOReeader got this function?
Can I input the page number and go to it or KOReeader has no this function too?
not yet.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #170
Eithrial
Enthusiast
Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW
KOReader doesn't remember settings of more than one pdf file, so when I open file A, then B, and then A, all setting previosuly set including last page are gone. Is it norma issue?
Eithrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #171
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eithrial View Post
KOReader doesn't remember settings of more than one pdf file, so when I open file A, then B, and then A, all setting previosuly set including last page are gone. Is it norma issue?
For my case it does remember the last page but it does not remember the exact position on the last page.

Regarding with the settings , no problem here AFAICS.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #172
Eithrial
Enthusiast
Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW
Umm, I made some experiments. It semms that this errors occur only when reflow mode is on.
Eithrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #173
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eithrial View Post
Umm, I made some experiments. It semms that this errors occur only when reflow mode is on.
I don't see a problem like you said also for when it's on reflow mode.

Last edited by thomass; 05-21-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #174
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

News on the compatibility with the 5.3.5 update?
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #175
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Is there a problem? I'm actually not aware of one...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:36 AM   #176
woel
woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
all of these are on the bottom settings menu. (bottom edge of the screen does the trick )
HAH, well now I feel stupid. I guess I was used to having the controls just at the top bar. Everything works amazingly well now. One small caveat: the screen does not refresh after closing the menu bars, which creates a bit of ghosting. I would prefer for it to be more like the native Kindle book/pdf viewer in this regard.

Edit: It is a fantastic app though, far superior to the native PDF viewer.

Last edited by woel; 05-23-2013 at 05:40 AM.
woel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #177
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
@woel Then code it to do so?
All these projects you have put in "Change requests" for are open source.
and before you say "but I can't code" or something.... me neither, never stopped me getting involved.

Incidentally... re your "Click at the bottom" epiphany

My one addition to this project... https://github.com/twobob/koreader/c...4d62f413a708e4

And LINE 64 https://github.com/twobob/koreader/b...readermenu.lua

Moral of this tale? Read The Help : )

Good luck on coding the ghosting adjustments.

oh... and If you DO design some-mind numbingly awesome replacement logo for KUAL?
let me know.

Last edited by twobob; 05-23-2013 at 06:26 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #178
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
oh... and If you DO design some-mind numbingly awesome replacement logo for KUAL?
let me know.
I just posted directions somewhere here on how to do that (using the developers forum).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #179
luigipirex
luigipirex began at the beginning.

Question Screenshots / Demonstration Video

Hi guys, first post here. I don't want to be a bother, but I've a request to do.

I'm thinking of buying a kindle paperwhite, but I've read less than stellar opinions regarding its PDF viewing abilities... but then, enter KOReader to the rescue. I've got my hopes high on this, but I've only seen a video of kindlepdfviewer on youtube (which looked quite promising) and a few screenshots of KOReader on a chinese website.

So... could anyone post a few screenshots of KOReader in action or, even better, a video on youtube? It would be IMMENSELY apreciated, as I have to read a lot of PDFs and I won't buy a kindle if it can't do that reasonably well. I don't mind fiddling around a little bit, though.

Thank you so much for your attention!
Luis
luigipirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #180
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigipirex View Post
I won't buy a kindle if it can't do that reasonably well. I don't mind fiddling around a little bit, though.
Now that sounds like the sort of comment that Amazon sales should be hearing.

There are actually two add-on readers here, both do PDFs well.

And both of our readers come with a built-in, full purchase price return policy - -
We don't charge for them, if you don't like them, just throw them away.
No involved RMA process to go through here.

And Amazon (if you are buying from Amazon) has a limited time return policy.

So order it, make the video and link to it here, then if you don't like the results, return the device.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch