Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
Calowaren
Calowaren began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Search and replace crashes Calibre

A strange problem here, when I try to use the search and replace wizard, which I've successfully used before, Calibre crashes.
Example: I converted an epub to Mobi and found that a few entire chapters now appear in italics.

So using the wizard I copied the offending italics instruction and tried to remove it by entering:
"<p class="calibre_10"><span class="italic">" to replaced with:
"<p class="calibre_10">" thinking that this would remove the italics only where both expressions appeared together. However each and every time, Calibre crashes.

While I'm sure it must be simple to convert to html, fix the italics and convert to Mobi, or even for someone to say "hey, here's a simple regular expression to do that" (a little beyond my abilities perhaps), I'm wondering why Calibre crashes when using the wizard for what seems to me a fairly simple operation.
Any help?
Calowaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calowaren View Post
A strange problem here, when I try to use the search and replace wizard, which I've successfully used before, Calibre crashes.
Example: I converted an epub to Mobi and found that a few entire chapters now appear in italics.

So using the wizard I copied the offending italics instruction and tried to remove it by entering:
"<p class="calibre_10"><span class="italic">" to replaced with:
"<p class="calibre_10">" thinking that this would remove the italics only where both expressions appeared together. However each and every time, Calibre crashes.

While I'm sure it must be simple to convert to html, fix the italics and convert to Mobi, or even for someone to say "hey, here's a simple regular expression to do that" (a little beyond my abilities perhaps), I'm wondering why Calibre crashes when using the wizard for what seems to me a fairly simple operation.
Any help?
I don't know about the crash part.

BUT
A <span> has a matching </span> that must be removed in sync.
This is not as easy to do as it seems. You need to get the MATCHING tag, not the first or last </span> found.
You may get lucky and the Paragraph has only one span... Then you will find the nightmare one with dozens
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote