Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
richieadler
Fan of Sony readers
richieadler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2; Sony PRS-505
How to add metadata in HTML to have it included when converting to EPUB?

I have the impression that this was dealt before in the forums, but I cannot find where. If this has, in fact, been explained before, I would appreciate the link to the corresponding thread.

I need to add information to a generated HTML to be able to include title, author, date of publication and possible other metadata to the resulting EPUB, but I don't know that tags are recognized by Calibre. How should I proceed?

Thank you in advance.
richieadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by richieadler View Post
I need to add information to a generated HTML to be able to include title, author, date of publication and possible other metadata to the resulting EPUB, but I don't know that tags are recognized by Calibre. How should I proceed?
This thread should help you out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by richieadler View Post
I have the impression that this was dealt before in the forums, but I cannot find where. If this has, in fact, been explained before, I would appreciate the link to the corresponding thread.

Thank you in advance.
Fill out the Metadata window (in the Library or first screen of a single title convert) before converting , Calibre uses that to build the OPF part of the EPUB (container) file.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generated, html, metadata, tags