Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2007, 06:18 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Running away before you bonk me with something
I take it that that expression has a different meaning in the US to its British meaning .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #17
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Nothing sexual about "bonk" in the US. It means simply to hit, generally to hit in the head.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2007, 08:49 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the explanation. As I'm sure you know, in the UK, the word "bonk" means "to have sex", which lends a slightly different meaning to Karen's post!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #20
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Thank you for the explanation. As I'm sure you know, in the UK, the word "bonk" means "to have sex", which lends a slightly different meaning to Karen's post!
Oh heavens, I didn't know that. NOPE had nothing to do with sex, trust me... NatCH was correct, I meant just a hit on the head.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #21
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

ooops, that was RWood that explained what I meant, sorry.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Just pulling your leg, Karen . The different meanings of words in our countries which supposedly share a "common language" can be a source of amusement on occasions .
Old 03-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #23
sea2stars
Zealot
sea2stars is on a distinguished road

Device: eb1150, Sony Reader
Heh. Karen. For future reference: British slang for Americans
sea2stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #24
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Thanks Harry but actually you are right, there are certain words that mean other things or used differently here than there. I guess I had better go and at least check out that link Sea2Stars was kind enough to share. I know you guys don't have mean bones in your bodies, at least not on these boards. Actually that is a compliment too considering some of the boards I am on here at aol all it is is a constant bash fest..... this place is a breath of fresh air, trust me.

(((Hugs to this group))))
Old 03-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #25
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Ah yes, bonk and shag are the same thing........ now the word Shag I knew but I forgot until I looked at that page, LOL.... Bonk - Same meaning as shag. Means to have sex. E.g. "Did you bonk him/her?".

Either way, interesting page, LMAO....... I saved it to look at more later <G>
Old 03-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #26
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
... this place is a breath of fresh air, trust me.
If it weren't, I'd never have hung around this long.

2~3 months is the longest I've managed on most other forums ... the Baen Bar is another obvious exception.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote