Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
anleva
Enthusiast
anleva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Line Spacing Issue after Conversion

I wanted to have my book covers appear on my Nook so I followed the suggestion I read here on the forum to do an ePub - ePub conversion within Calibre and then send the book to my Nook Touch.

This does work. The cover now appears on my Nook Touch. The problem is the conversion somehow breaks the line spacing feature. After I do this I can no longer make line spacing adjustments on my device. I can change fonts, I can change my margins, but trying to change line spacing does nothing.

Line spacing changes work perfectly prior to the ePub - ePub conversion, but don't after.

So I can can either not convert and have fonts, margins and line spacing work but no cover, or I can do an ePub - ePub conversion and then no longer have the ability to change line spacing.

Is there a configuration option perhaps in Calibre that would allow line spacing still to work?
anleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set the minimum line height to 0 in Look & Feel in the conversion options.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
anleva
Enthusiast
anleva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you! That did the trick. Line spacing, font type and font size changes and margins now work perfectly, and I the cover appears as well.

I notice in the meta data that the old file is retained. I assume it is OK to delete the old file and just keep the newly converted file?
anleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its ok if you're happy with the new file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote