Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #76
ucity88
ucity88 began at the beginning.

Device: EnTourage eDGe
Talking Figured it out!

I already had an Adobe account, I had to get my password reset so I could use it to register. That's done...what do I do now? Do I need to update anything? What is Ermine(?) I keep seeing mentioned.

All I'm going to use this for (for now!) is reading journal articles on PDF for class. I've figured out how to download from my PC onto the PE and I have some files saved already.

Thanks,
B
ucity88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #77
glorhee
glorhee began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edgr
Hi,
I got PE a week ago and found this forum. Thanks for your great job. I downloaded and installed apps w/ 2.2 but few of them I could not open. For example, Diopen. Please let me know how to fix. Bless you guys!
glorhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #78
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorhee View Post
Hi,
I got PE a week ago and found this forum. Thanks for your great job. I downloaded and installed apps w/ 2.2 but few of them I could not open. For example, Diopen. Please let me know how to fix. Bless you guys!
Diopen in an input method or alternate keyboard, and as such will not "open". To use it, it has to be enabled (open settings, choose Language & keyboard, and press the checkmark beside diopen). Then you have to long press in an input field until an option picker pops up. Select input method, then select Diopen.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #79
tmirante
tmirante began at the beginning.

Device: edge entourage
Good morning Mark . Are you able to confirm me that this is real?
For anyone interested I first installed Eclipse and java, then the Android SDK and get the emulator created. Once through the required configuration settings, the rest was very smooth. (compile one of the Android samples and ran that through the emulator. once things worked through the emulator, found the apk and moved it to the edge via usb)
i found it in old posts .
about java it is required to be installed all the developing machine of java or only java engine? and about eclipse what version is required ?
have you any hint about the changing to be done at the standard android sdk to work with teh bif edge entourage display ?
tmirante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #80
bouldergramp
bouldergramp began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
Lousy camera pictures problem fixed

Guess what? In addition to sticky clear film on the speaker grill(gum was hard to clean off) and on the tablet screens, there was a tiny round piece of film on the camera lens.

It was almost impossible to see.

Camera works OK now.
bouldergramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #81
Turtlehead
Enthusiast
Turtlehead began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldergramp View Post
Guess what? In addition to sticky clear film on the speaker grill(gum was hard to clean off) and on the tablet screens, there was a tiny round piece of film on the camera lens.

It was almost impossible to see.

Camera works OK now.
Glad you posted that. When I tried the camera I said to myself, not the best but it works............I just removed the plastic on mine.
Turtlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #82
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlehead View Post
Glad you posted that. When I tried the camera I said to myself, not the best but it works............I just removed the plastic on mine.
From the little piece of plastic on the camera lens to plugging the adapter into the ear-phone jack (I did this once or twice), you are now officially member of the Edge family. Welcome.

Last edited by obsessed2; 07-13-2011 at 10:43 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #83
glorhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Diopen in an input method or alternate keyboard, and as such will not "open". To use it, it has to be enabled (open settings, choose Language & keyboard, and press the checkmark beside diopen). Then you have to long press in an input field until an option picker pops up. Select input method, then select Diopen.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I enabled diopen checkmark but i cannot see any input field. I can see only "diopen settings" under the line of "diopen" w/ "User dictionary", "Android keyboard" etc.. I clicked diopen setting and I did what I wanted but still cannot see input field. Please let me know how can I get input field. Thx again.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #84
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi glorhee!

I think 5thWiggle means any input field in any app, or in the browser. Where you would put the curser and start typing, I think now you have to tap and hold in the box and you will have a choice of keyboard or diopen.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this myself, just guessing based on the few things I do know!

Give it a try and see if it works! If you have the search box on your home screen you could probably try it there . . . let me know if I'm right (I so love being right!)
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #85
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Hi glorhee!

I think 5thWiggle means any input field in any app, or in the browser. Where you would put the curser and start typing, I think now you have to tap and hold in the box and you will have a choice of keyboard or diopen.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this myself, just guessing based on the few things I do know!

Give it a try and see if it works! If you have the search box on your home screen you could probably try it there . . . let me know if I'm right (I so love being right!)
Exactly! Give the lovely birdy...err...lady a prize! Easiest is to use NotePad (you've got the entire page and a way to try out Diopen). Start Notepad, hit the menu button, select Add Note. Long press anywhere on the page and a the Edit Text menu will pop up. Choose Input Method, then select DioPen.

Same method to switch back to Android Keyboard.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #86
glorhee

Yea, I got it.Thank you. And also I could not get Google maps from '4shared for android' market. Whenever I try it says 'you don't have a android phone'. I opened my google account and put my cell # which is palm. Was that the reason?

Last edited by glorhee; 07-14-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #87
mors96
mors96 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge and Nook
Didn't read through all the comments on this thread but just thought I would post that the case here: While it does fit my PE it is very tight and makes me feel like I might break the PE pushing it in and/or pulling it out.
mors96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #88
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mors96 View Post
Didn't read through all the comments on this thread but just thought I would post that the case here: While it does fit my PE it is very tight and makes me feel like I might break the PE pushing it in and/or pulling it out.
I believe there is a post limit; whereby mors96's link did not show in his post.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #89
Richard443
Member Retired
Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket eDGe
How to transfer files from PC to Edge using wireless:

I used the directions, which worked really well, in "How to transfer files from PC to Edge using wireless" and I can see the file in my home computer on my PE. But how do I move the file into my downloads? on the PE. It must be something obvious but I don't get it.
Richard443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #90
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Richard!

It's only obvious once you know how to do it.

My method is to long press (or tap and hold) on the file I want to transfer. A menu will pop up. I then tap Copy, which puts a little up-arrow tab thingy at the bottom of the screen. Next I tap over to the Local tab at the top, find the download folder (or whatever folder you want to move the file to), pull up the tab at the bottom of the page, and tap on the icon of the file I am moving. If it works, a confirmation message will pop up.

I'm pretty sure you can do the copy and paste using the menu button as well, and you can copy several files before you start pasting.

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote