Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #9556
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Ah, okay. I hadn't seen that. The coupon I got today was for 30 percent so I didn't even bother to try it. I am waiting for 50 or better.

This contest seems...buggy.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #9557
frddgls
Connoisseur
frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Forma, iPad, Samsung Galaxy A20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Are you going to http://contest.kobo.com?

It's not listed on the front page of the site yet for whatever reason (IIRC it took awhile last time too), but that URL always leads to the current contest.
Thank you.
frddgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #9558
Susan Reader
Susan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toys

Device: Sony T1, Nook, iGadgets
Oh dear. Happy days may be coming to an end. I did a little traveling and the new contest codes do not work in most places. I suspect the only places they will work are US, UK, and Canada.

Worked on all coupon-eligible books I tried, though.
Susan Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #9559
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Reader View Post
Oh dear. Happy days may be coming to an end. I did a little traveling and the new contest codes do not work in most places. I suspect the only places they will work are US, UK, and Canada.

Worked on all coupon-eligible books I tried, though.
Where did they not work? Did you try Mexico?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #9560
Susan Reader
Susan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toys

Device: Sony T1, Nook, iGadgets
Worked in UK and US.

Didn't work in India, France, Mexico or Norfolk Island.

Obviously there are many more countries but I'm seeing a trend here....
Susan Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #9561
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Worked in UK and US.

The horror...
I just tried perkopolis on a book in India, code went through no problem. Tried a contest code, got "The promo code could not be applied" message.

Well, this certainly changes a lot of things.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #9562
Darlynne
Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Asus MeMO Pad 7
Quote:

I so hate being the newbie, but here goes: How does one find the sites for India, France, Mexico or Norfolk Island? A google search brings up books about each of those places, but not the store itself.
Darlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #9563
Mura35
Mammarella
Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader, iPad
Go to your profile (payment information) and instead of you country of origin type in any other country you want. And - voila! - you're travelling Don't even bother changing your street address.

Ha-ha... I just found out I am in Alabama! I am nowhere near! LOL

Last edited by Mura35; 08-20-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Mura35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #9564
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Worked in UK and US.

Well, it *was* probably a bug. They were bound to fix it eventually. The contest rules when you register say something about only being eligible in US, UK and Canada if I recall.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #9565
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Worked in UK and US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post

The horror...
I just tried perkopolis on a book in India, code went through no problem. Tried a contest code, got "The promo code could not be applied" message.

Well, this certainly changes a lot of things.
Yep, my experience too ....

Looks like my days of buying books from Kobo are coming to an end.

Their loss!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #9566
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I dunno about anyone else .... but I'm not bothering to play the Contest - one game was enough. If I can't buy what I want to buy then there's no point.

Well, what a money saver this exercise of Kobo changing the Contest rules has turned out to be!! I've still got over 1,000 ebooks to read, so I certainly don't have to have a book for quite some years!

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 08-20-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: removal of a second 'has'
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #9567
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm going to take a last look at my wishlist tomorrow and decide what I should use perkopolis on and which books I should buy abroad while I still can. Most of my wishlist books are still far too expensive at 40% off, but I may clear the decks of the cheaper ones.

Reasonably speaking, I've expected this for a long time and there have been various indications lately that Kobo was finally tightening the various loopholes.

Query: has anyone tried multi-tabbing recently? Not that it matters for perkopolis.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #9568
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm going to take a last look at my wishlist tomorrow and decide what I should use perkopolis on and which books I should buy abroad while I still can. Most of my wishlist books are still far too expensive at 40% off, but I may clear the decks of the cheaper ones.

Reasonably speaking, I've expected this for a long time and there have been various indications lately that Kobo was finally tightening the various loopholes.

Query: has anyone tried multi-tabbing recently? Not that it matters for perkopolis.
Agreed. Those were bugs that were costing them money, not making them money. It couldn't last.

I still find the contests fun and useful! I usually have one to three books on my list that work with the coupons, and I've gotten some great deals without traveling or any of that.

I only need two coupons this time (unless I find more books...could happen...) I have stinkin' jury duty on Monday so I want to buy at least one of the books on my list.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #9569
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I guess Kobo will be left wondering why their sales drop a lot in some countries

Fingers crossed they'll still give out the occasional 60% - 80% one-time use coupon codes that were good in multiple countries like in the old days.

It doesn't matter how many coupon codes you win here in the US if they still don't allow them on agency books. I do buy from other publishers but a lot of my autobuy authors still write for Penguin and its various imprints.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #9570
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Wow first try and I got 10%. The distribution rate seems pretty bad this time. They kept us waiting for this contest and then it turns out to be pretty disappointing. Although I still have quite a number of books to buy, I guess it's time for my wallet to take a break.
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals